Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Toys R Us BOGO / 30% Off Sale 3/24 to 3/30

ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
edited March 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
The TRU Sunday flyer is advetising a BOGO 50% on all but Marvel Super Hero sets. Right now nothing shows up on the website as BOGO. It might be worth a visit to a store to check out and see if Technics (usually exluded) is on sale. Last week my local store had both Galaxy Squad and Technics at normal MSRP so a decent deal is possible. (It does happen occassionally!)

Comments

• ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    Update. The TRU Exclusive 70703 Galaxy Squad Star Slicer is on sale for $28.00 which is 30% off nomal MSRP of $40.00
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    Unfortunately, at least online, the BOGO doesn't stack on items that are on sale. Otherwise, there are also some of the City trucks that would make good deals also.

And not to stir things up, and this is being discusssed in another thread, once again, some prices have been increased yet again making the "sale" pretty moot for savvy shoppers.
  • itsnotmeitsnotme Member Posts: 110
    Technic is included in BOGO online. Unimog is 209.99 and Crawler is 199.99.
    margot
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 319
    ^ I saw the same and had to grab the pair as well.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,207
    Also the Horizon express is on the BOGO50 sale, but it is 139.99, still about 112-115 after tax if you get two.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Hmm, I can't seem to find the Horizon Express online.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18853286&page=2&type=trigger&promoId=20443986
    You cannot find it in a search, but if you check for all sets in the BOGO50 it appears there.
    TheLoneTensor
    itsnotme said:

Technic is included in BOGO online. Unimog is 209.99 and Crawler is 199.99.

Trying for unimogs again, I know the last time I ordered as part of a BOGO both sets box seals were split (I think because of the weight of the boxes) so I had to go through CS and they replaced them with boxes that were in nicer condition. We will see if I can get them right on the first try.
    Thanks for the HE link. $105 each is worth it for those, roughly 20% off rrp.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 672
    I found 2 imperial shuttles at my local TRU marked $260, bogo 50 would make it $390 plus tax for the pair. Should I jump on it? It's a lot of money to put down and I'm not sure if the investment is worth it. The boxes were in excellent shape
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 201
    Ummm, you'd better jump on that.
    Guess it wasn't such a "yawn" after they actually put the BOGO prices on line!
    Its not bad, better than other recent BOGOs where the Technic sets and Hoizon Express were not on BOGO50, but the prices are increased as well, so you save a bit btu not as much as you should.

I found 2 imperial shuttles at my local TRU marked $260, bogo 50 would make it $390 plus tax for the pair. Should I jump on it? It's a lot of money to put down and I'm not sure if the investment is worth it. The boxes were in excellent shape

So what are the odds that those 'sealed' boxes have junk in them, and not the actual set that should be in them?
    edited March 2013

Its not bad, better than other recent BOGOs where the Technic sets and Hoizon Express were not on BOGO50, but the prices are increased as well, so you save a bit btu not as much as you should.

Yeah, but even with the TRU tax (which is relatively small on this set), 2 Horizons still come out around 20% off, which (if gauging by the Maersk throughout its life) at $105 is about the best price you will ever see for this set in general. Again, thanks for finding it.

• gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654

Idk, that's a tough one.

I'm having the same conundrum too. I just found two Imperial Flagships for RRP but I just can't decide. Can anyone help me decide? Or should I start a separate thread requesting an evaluation??
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,159
    I need to move to where you guys are finding these deals, that way I can help you guys easily decide lol ;)
    gmpirate said:

Idk, that's a tough one.

I'm having the same conundrum too. I just found two Imperial Flagships for RRP but I just can't decide. Can anyone help me decide? Or should I start a separate thread requesting an evaluation??
    I would say based on the length of time those sets have been out of stock and then all of the sudden if they appear on a shelf, Id be cautious.
    Especially if you are not at a downtown/major TRU outlet that normally has those, which means they are probably returns, which means I would take a good look at the seals on the box, and even then I dunno if Id risk it.
  • ReliantReliant Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    Agreed with the above comments.

There have been reports of the IS showing up at tru's in other area's.

Check that box for tampering for sure. But if it looks case fresh it's probably the old stock I mentioned above.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    Got my rewards in from buying a few of the Imperial Shuttles in February. Good time to use them now with this week's BOGO50%!
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 682
    lulwut said:

Got my rewards in from buying a few of the Imperial Shuttles in February. Good time to use them now with this week's BOGO50%!

Hope it works for you! My local TRU wouldn't let me use the kids $3 & $5 Geoffrey Birthday Club dollars with the sale. On a side note...it you purchase something from TRU you get a 20% off one regular priced item 3/31-4/13. Now if you can only find something not marked up!

• cynthilinacynthilina Member Posts: 188
    Just went to TRU yesterday in Phoenix Arizona, the one on I-10 in Tempe. Legos are BOGO50 except for Heros. Also they had the Fireboat polly.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    On my ill-fated trip to Grand Rapids yesterday (see craigslist scam post) I was able to find two minecraft sets and use their BOGO50 sale. With tax they ended up coming in at just below $72.00 (TRU charges $45 for the set!) but because I wanted one for myself (I play the game every day) I thought it was worth it...basically RRP with almost no tax or shipping! The other one I'll save in case they get silly in value again or as a gift.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    I got my 2x Horizon Express in the post yesterday, shipped together, but both boxes in great shape. Thanks for the heads up on this one!
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I checked out a TRU that is way out of the way today...this TRU is really run down....its in a bad part of town so I dont think it sees alot of traffic. The LEGO isles were stocked really well. Nothing really caught my eye until I found the clearance isle...it was stuff with some really old sets. The had stacks of Prince of Persa sets....Alien sets and the Sphinx sets...funny part was...they all rung up full price....I asked the manager and she said whatever they scan for is the price..needless to say I left empty handed.
  • ReliantReliant Member Posts: 68
    Found cement truck and the gas tanker truck both in sale for $15.25 each not sure if they would stack with the bogo or not. If so both for about 23$ not too bad.
    FWIW, the sets that I ordered (Crawler, Unimog, 2x Horizon) showed up in good shape. Even the Crawler was in good shaped though it was packed kitty-corner in a box that was too short for it.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Didn't know that kitty-corner is a synonym for cater-corner. I learned something new today. :-) Just looked it up, there are several variations.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,138
    edited March 2013
    Stopped by my local store and purchased 2 7965 Millennium Falcons and 2 42000 Grand Prix Racers. Was glad to see that the Falcon's are actual MSRP and the Technic was only marked up $10. Received a 20% off coupon as a bonus at checkout (for future use). Actual deals at Toys R Us for me are rare so this was a pleasent surprise.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    My TRU has the Lone Ranger sets on the shelves. Looks like they work with the BOGO, but prices are jacked up.

#79106 Cavalry $16.99
    #79107 Comanche Camp $24.99
    #79108 Stagecoach $37.99
    #79109 Colby City $59.99
    #79110 Silver Mine $84.99
    #79111 Train $119.99
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Is there some other sale going on? I just bought this LEGO stationary, which was marked as $11.99. They took 25% off for some reason (I'm not arguing). I had $5 rewards also. Ended up being a great deal. I'll post photos later. Got a large Series 1 Clown fig/pen in the set.