Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Lego club Star Wars event..

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
edited March 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just went to a Lego club Star Wars event. They are doing it again next Saturday at your local store. Have to sign up, it's $20 (with VIP) and you get a cool t-shirt, get to build for awhile, then they give you a minifig (we got a Sith trooper) and a Planet series 3 (Kamino) and a $5 store coupon with $35 purchase.

Comments

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Just FYI, sometimes if they have other extra stock on hand of things, there might be some little games or trivia that result in a set of significance ($25+) or two being given out. We got a Luke's Landspeeder one time and a couple other people won battle packs.

This isn't the norm, so don't expect it, but for $20 (VIP) you do get the tshirt, some trinket (minifig or keychain) and an hour of pre-store-opening fun, which is totally worth it for those things alone.
  • jamiewjamiew Member Posts: 165
    My son did the event as well. He got 75008 Planet set and the Republic Frigate poly in his goody bag in addition to the $5 coupon and tshirt. Plus my store brought in a host of characters that are in the 501st. Can't beat the price.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Republic frigate poly? score!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    TMNT coming up on April 20th... I am definitely going to have to move, nearest Lego store is 1:45 minutes from me.