Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego Friends Toys R Us event March 23

Kids get to build a wishing well to add to their sets. http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    Oh, if any kind US Bricksetter happens to get a spare, I would love go trade for a Friends wishing well! I'm sure my Heartlake City is not complete without one! :-)
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Images to the wishing well for those wanting to build their own:

• scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 682
    I heard about this today and quickly realized the kids couldn't go because one of them as their 8th Birthday party tomorrow so I stopped in tonight to see if they'd hold us back a couple or if we could get one now. Fortunately, I was able to find one (of the two) nice TRU managers that understands LEGO and TRUs pricing and went in back and got me a couple of what's going to be given out on Sat.
    Kinda disappointing...you get a glossy print-out of directions, a baggy to put your LEGOS in...I'm assuming they'll be in bowls/boxes on the day of the event, and a keychain and notepad.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 943
    ^^
    A manager who was kind enough -didn't have to - and goes out of their way to get a couple and you are disappointed? You should of been gracious for what you got. Society..so sad.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 682
    For your information...I was gracious and Thanked them politely...twice. Thank for the life lesson mom.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 943
    edited March 2013
    ^^
    You're welcome son!! ;)
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I'm not seeing a set number. Can the poly people breathe more easily?
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    The keychain is this: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6031636-1

The wishing well almost certainly won't have a set number, in a similar fashion to http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=ICECREAM-1
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310

Oh, if any kind US Bricksetter happens to get a spare, I would love go trade for a Friends wishing well! I'm sure my Heartlake City is not complete without one! :-)

Got one just because who can resist free Lego, but not sure it's worth sending over the pond. I would imagine you can pick a brick this?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,391
    Was able to grab 4 thanks to the nice TRU employee. If anyone wants to trade let me know.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 922
    Yes I would trade for a couple if anyone has them. Plenty of friends polys to offer.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,287
    At my local Target, they were doing a Lego event and my boys got a Lego fireman polybag each and I got 2 Friends ones. One desk set and one ice cream stand. This in addition to all three of us getting the Wishing Well, and keychain. The TRU event was very easy. The person running it, put they pieces for the set in a zippered baggie. There was no one else there.
  • congruencecongruence Member Posts: 26
    In Canada our TRU was doing an Easter Egg. Managed to get 2 as our store wasn't busy, here's a scan of the instructions.
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    I have 2 of the wishing wells I would be willing to trade for something...
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    If anyone in the US wants to trade a full set of the TRU promo pm me and let me know what you want in trade.
  • jamiewjamiew Member Posts: 165
    I've got a full set for trade. Pm me if interested
    I want to trade my full set away, pm me with any offers. I could use a friend's 30103, or Star Wars or Super Heroes.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    edited March 2013

In Canada our TRU was doing an Easter Egg. Managed to get 2 as our store wasn't busy, here's a scan of the instructions.

Very, very much appreciate the instructions post. Cute. Is that regular blue on the instructions?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    I'm interested in a keychain. PM me.
    I still have the wishing well/keychain set to trade if anyone wants one.
  • mrbradfordmrbradford Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 45
    edited March 2013
    Anyone want to trade a wishing well for a couple unopened bags of friends bracelets 4659597? PM me if so.
  • congruencecongruence Member Posts: 26
    prevere said:

Very, very much appreciate the instructions post. Cute. Is that regular blue on the instructions?
    Believe it's Medium Blue, but I'm not the best at defining the colours.

prevere
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    I'm interested in trades for the keychain in the US.
    My set is spoken for, thanks!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 853
    How are you all finding out about the TRU promotions? Was it advertised somewhere? Same with the Target promotion. I'm there ever week it seems and I never see signage for events like this.
  • darktremeredarktremere Member Posts: 42
    I received an email for it.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    Email, and there is usually a sign posted near the entrance announcing the next upcoming event (or talking about layaway or their credit card if there isn't an event scheduled for that week).
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874

prevere said:

Believe it's Medium Blue, but I'm not the best at defining the colours.

Appreciate the response.