Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[CAN] Target Canada

I am hoping that this will be a long and deal-filled thread for years to come. Has anybody seen any deals yet? I know they are only a week old, and the stores are overflowing with people so they have no reason to entice us with deals... yet.

From other's experience down south, do the B&M Target stores usually ever have any good deals? I love that they carry exclusives that we couldn't get before (even though Zellers was 'supposed' to carry them).

There's a store 5 minutes from my house, so I will post any great deals or finds that I see.
tedward

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    If the same thing exists in Canada, get their card for another 5% off. They do have price matching here, and it is useful as sometimes their website show a lower price than their store. Even when matching a competitor price, they still take 5% off if you have the card..
    They do sometimes have very good deals. They also sometimes offers a $5-$10 giftcard if you buy over $50-$100. Last December they had some sets at 50%, a BOGO50% and $5 giftcard for $50+ in purchases, you could get a $50 target exclusive for $17.
  • tedwardtedward CanadaMember Posts: 163

I know they are only a week old...

Actually only a very few stores have had "soft" openings. I think the ones that are open now are in that "beta-test" phase before the actual "grand opening".

The stores out here in Victoria are weeks or months away from opening as they are being refurbished or totally rebuilt from the ground up.

Too bad because I was hoping to pick up one the special edition Hobbit DVDs with the fig...
  • Jasper_ParnebrickJasper_Parnebrick Member Posts: 35

If the same thing exists in Canada, get their card for another 5% off. They do have price matching here, and it is useful as sometimes their website show a lower price than their store. Even when matching a competitor price, they still take 5% off if you have the card..
    They do sometimes have very good deals. They also sometimes offers a $5-$10 giftcard if you buy over $50-$100. Last December they had some sets at 50%, a BOGO50% and $5 giftcard for $50+ in purchases, you could get a $50 target exclusive for $17.

Thanks Colorado! I saw the debit card thing on their Canadian website. The system was down when I tried appliying, but thats a great deal: ALWAYS 5% off and it doesnt cost a dime! It will really help when you stack it with other deals.

Thanks for the heads up on what kind of deals they have etc. Until your post, I wasn't sure whether or not they ever had any deals & sales, or whether or not YMMV from store to store. Still havent received a store flyer or anything yet, and their website is still just information so far, not an actual store to shop from (fingers crossed it comes soon!)
  • congruencecongruence Member Posts: 26
    They likely won't have online shopping till Christmastime at the earliest, the soft openings haven't been as busy as they would have liked.

Flyers will be starting when they have real grand openings in April, hopefully pricing then is more competitive, as right now it's basically just Canadian MSRP.
  • mdellemanmdelleman Vancouver CanadaMember Posts: 274
    Has anyone found any deals at Target Canada? I bought #9476 Orc Forge for just under US MSRP months ago but nothing since!

Anyone that has had any luck with some deals at these stores please share.
  • congruencecongruence Member Posts: 26
    Their likely next round of clearance will be post Christmas at this point, doesn't really make sense for them to take much price action before hand.

Until then not expecting anything beyond the occasional 20% off exclusives like they did a couple weeks ago.