Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

FS (USA): 30211 Lord of the Rings Uruk Hai Polybags

teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 916
edited March 2013 in Marketplace
I recently picked up some of these for a fellow member who ended up not needing them. Five Below does not have a return policy, so I would like to sell them on here if anyone needs any. I am located in NC and would like to ship domestically.

Comments

• y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    How many do you have and what are you asking for them?
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Selling at cost? I would buy them.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    I don't actually expect them at cost, but if they're only slightly above, I'd be interested in two or three.
    I sell polys all the time at cost to fellow afols. It's not worth making a few bucks to me, but I feel good helping out fellow collectors.
    RomanticWarrior
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,378
    I've been trying to find one for my brother, who is a big LOTR fan. If you still have one, let me know.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 680
    I'd be interested in some also....if anyone had a Fred Meyers close by and they were getting more. I'll buy or have polys to trade.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    @teal93mr2 I am curious to know the number of personal messages you have received in relation to this post. My guess is 17
    margot
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,746
    @Bosstone100 and @scotty12, let me know if he can't help you. I have a few extra as well.
    Why did you flag me for spam @CCC ?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,199
    ^ Saying what price you want them for in a trade thread.
    edited March 2013
    CCC said:

^ Saying what price you want them for in a trade thread.

What price I want for what? I'm not selling anything. I offered to buy them.

(you're awfully quick with that flag finger considering you must have only skimmed the thread)

Phonebooth
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 916
    It's up to the OP to determine if they want to mention the price in the thread. This is a good rule that is in place for a good reasons. That being said, I'm just looking for $5 per or $45 for the 10, plus shipping, which should be ~$6.

@teal93mr2 I am curious to know the number of personal messages you have received in relation to this post. My guess is 17

Haha only ONE believe it or not. These are packed up and ready to go. Will break them up but would rather sell all together.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited March 2013
    @CCC While commenting about prices in marketplace threads is considered a fairly minor infraction, if you want to flag it, it is probably better to use the flag button at to top of the post (though it's not in the mobile site) since it's not really "spam". At least that's the impression I got from @Atkinsar.
    I misunderstood what @CCC wrote above because of which post you flagged me on. I guess you meant to flag my first post not the second one. Maybe you could help me out and quote the rule I broke so that it doesn't happen again? I don't get how offering to buy the polys at cost equates to spam.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited March 2013
    ^ Actually I think he meant to flag the post he flagged. Basically you mentioned that you sell at cost all the time which he took to mean teal93mr2 should sell them at cost which could be seen as breaking:
    Huw said:

Members - especially those that have no intention to conduct direct business with the offering party - should not treat it as an opportunity to scrutinize the desired transaction, i.e. criticizing the asking price or mentioning alternate purchasing opportunities.

I wouldn't see that as being the case here but that could be a matter of perspective. Anyway I don't think it was really the fact that what you posted was spam but the fact he was trying to flag it somehow and saw spam and abuse as the only two options (hence my comment above).
    margot
    Joseph said:

^ Actually I think he meant to flag the post he flagged. Basically you mentioned that you sell at cost all the time which he took to mean teal93mr2 should sell them at cost which could be seen as breaking:

Thanks for the explanation. I was responding directly to Y2Josh's comment in the post above mine and in no way commenting on what teal93mr2 should do. It was obvious from the original post that teal93mr2 wasn't looking to make money on this deal so it would be hard to criticize his price anyway... lol.

I have sold the lot of polybags. I may be able to obtain more for others, but no guarantees. These 10 were priced to sell, I may need to charge $6 per poly if I have to travel 30 mins back to five below. Please PM if you are interested.