Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

For Fun...What's your logic behind...

I am in the process of building something, originally for the kids but now more to see if I can pull it off. It's going to be fairly big, and I'm using old pieces from Goodwill to supplement the discarded set pieces my kids leave around. It's a mixture of Lego/Mega/Kre-o/etc. and the colors don't all work because of piece and shade limitations.

So...I have found a way to excuse this discrepancy to myself and anyone who asks, and am building it with that suspension of disbelief in mind. For the record it's a Navy ship that's pretty big, the colors on the sides have been coordinated to make it look like the old WWI and WWII 'Dazzle Camoflage', but let's face it, it's because of the materials I have to work with.

So...what are your excuse-reasonings when parts or colors don't quite work out?

Comments

• BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    Well mixing Mega Bloks with Lego is a sin on this forum.
    jasor
  • DaSmokeEaterDaSmokeEater Member Posts: 34
    But NOT doing it in the process of discovery would be horrific! Perhaps a little Mary Shelley to some, but every now and then the sum is greater than the whole of it's parts. It's also cheaper.

Also, I'm sure even the purists have mis-matched the Lego colors and designs before...so share thy deep, dark secrets and stories! BWAH-hahaha!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,347

Also, I'm sure even the purists have mis-matched the Lego colors and designs before...so share thy deep, dark secrets and stories! BWAH-hahaha!

No, no... can't say I have.

I mistakenly picked up a M***B***** once and immediately threw it across the room in horror and disgust.

I then washed my hands for 30 minutes before I felt clean and worthy of touching LEGO bricks again.
    kylejohnson11
    Our Legos are forgiving of our transgressions, they are kind, merciful Legos...although I suspect when their 7 and 10 year old minions sleep they terrorize the clones within our storage bins. I can prove nothing.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,347

Our Legos are forgiving of our transgressions, they are kind, merciful Legos...although I suspect when their 7 and 10 year old minions sleep they terrorize the clones within our storage bins. I can prove nothing.

@DaSmokeEater- They might be more forgiving if you call them by their correct name, LEGO. ;-P

• Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 576
    There is no reasoning for mixing Lego and MegaBloks (or, more prevalent in my childhood, Tyco bricks). "Reasoning" would indicate a logical progression, a train of thought issuing forth from a sane, healthy mind. For the same reason I don't butter my toast underside-down, breathe through my mouth, or negotiate with terrorists, I do not mix Lego with clone brands.

Joking aside...well, heck. I just won't do it.
    My bricks celebrate diversity, and the idea that they could all bring something towards a common goal...but the actual story behind my post is moot now because, even working together towards a common goal, they were found and completely dis assembled by my son this afternoon.

'sigh'...
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Well, I wouldn't mix Lego and MB, but I am guilty of mixing Lego and Tyco, but that's just because a vast quantity of my Lego was bought second hand from less *ahem* discerning people. So it's not my fault...right? ;-)

As for rainbow creations, the excuse I used to give myself is that there was no other way I would ever build anything huge without making some aesthetic sacrifices (ie, multi-colours and Tyco bricks). But I would always build in stripes of different colours (never randomly), because it somehow has that typical, home-made Lego look. But from a sort of French impressionist point of view, my stripey castles, ships and clone-trooper bases were pretty impressive.