Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New Lego Store in Kentucky

brickmattbrickmatt USAMember Posts: 95
edited June 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
I recently made a purchase from Lego [email protected], and noticed a small additional charge, besides the cost of the order. I called customer service about it, and the employee that I talked to informed me that it was sales tax, which had been added on because of a computer error, because tax is charged on [email protected] orders only in states where there is a Lego store. There isn't one here now, but the employee informed me that there will be one eventually, though she didn't know when or where. I'm hoping it will be close to me!

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,380
    edited June 2011
    I bet the exclusive model for the store opening is a chicken

:-)

Joking apart, I suspect something equine in reference to the Kentucky Derby.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Depends on if they switch back to the models. They've been doing the minifig packs for store openings lately. Although I was told they'd be switching back to the models for the 2nd half of the year.
  • EnbricEnbric Member Posts: 64
    I'd be very happy to hear that, I'd be much happier with a model that actually has a relation to the new store as opposed to the recent figures which are just generic looking besides the back printing.
  • dustinmrobertsdustinmroberts Member Posts: 35
    I really hope this is in the Lexington area, and not in the Louisville area. There's already one in Cincinnati, so for me, one in the Louisville area would be just as far a drive.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,380
    Yep, you're probably right @sidersdd - I forgot that it's minifigs at the moment.