Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The Simpsons LEGO

Comments

• kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 818
    Oh yes, roll on 2014, I can't wait, Im loving the fact that the Simpsons house is a D2C (but will sadly be the only set that will be released to the uk upon initial release), I hope this line goes down well so we can presumably get the other sets should there be any. Also the fact that there will be a CMF series devoted to them is great, now this better be released to the UK, but I wonder what will happen to lego's original theme of the CMF line, unless off course they continue to make those aswell as the other non-related lines to the CMF. :-D
  • mcvitiemcvitie Sheffield, EnglandMember Posts: 291
    edited September 2013
    Sorry but what is D2C?

edit: Solved! A Lego exclusive type jobby
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,052
    If this has already been discussed, my apologies. But I wonder to what extent the pink brick will make with these sets? What the demographics will show for historical data as far as sales go for boys/girls? Could this be a gateway for TLG to test the waters and current market for the feasability of a dual gender line?
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    ^ kick the hornet's nest.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,947
    I hope the Simpsons CMFs aren't used as a convenient reason to increase the price of a packet.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259

I hope the Simpsons CMFs aren't used as a convenient reason to increase the price of a packet.

One would assume that it will, with the license fees etc. I already find $5 too much for a CMF, but I'm sure I'll still get them anyway :)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    Based on the license % increase on other licensed stuff I wouldn't expect them to go up past $3.99 US from $2.99 and I'd say that is worth it for the Simpsons stuff. Just hope that they don't stay there. I would hope they'd go back to $2.99 (or at most $3.49) for the Series after the Simpsons, assuming they go back to doing their own.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    What character(s) will be the army builders in this series? I don't think there will be any and may lead to lower demand which may help prevent price increases.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    ^ Sherri & Terri, army of 2 :)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,592

What character(s) will be the army builders in this series? I don't think there will be any and may lead to lower demand which may help prevent price increases.

It depends how they do the heads. Homer's (and Bart's) head can be used to MOC a few other characters - Radioactive man and Bartman. And which accessories come with the minifigs may help make some of them army builders.

The body parts may also be useful for City MOCs (or non-licensed MOCs), assuming they use the regular lego yellow for any skin printed on the torso.

And of course they may go down the highly skewed distributions, leading to loads of some characters and some rares. In fact, it would surprise me if they didn't do this.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,720
    ^I'm going to hazard a guess that we'll see the core characters, but in different guises. It would cut down on the new parts needed, for example Bart and BartMan would reuse his hairpiece (assuming he gets a new one), and perhaps a number of different 'Homers' eg normal Homer, bowling shirt Homer, Power plant Homer etc.

Whilst some people will want to collect the whole series, TLG will also want enough 'chase' figures to keep people buying. And stretching the figures to characters like Carl, Lenny and Martin just aint gonna cut it.
    edited September 2013
    ^ muumuu Homer ... with fat guy hat
    SirKevbags
  • gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    I hope they don't put one random 'ultra-rare' figure in each box - as in a core of 15 characters with the normal skewed distribution and then one of an even rarer sort, or varieties of Homer or Bart. It's bad enough trying to get a full set now but that would be ridiculous.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Would anyone be surprised if the CMF range is US only? In the same way that the Team GB ones were UK only?
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I'm hoping that if we are only getting one set here in the UK and its the family home that it similar to the Haunted House in part count and not just a Creator house with Simpsons minifigs.
    princedraven

Would anyone be surprised if the CMF range is US only? In the same way that the Team GB ones were UK only?

Simpsons is international though, and especially if this is part of the CMF run and not a separate series then I don't see why they would restrict it's distribution.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410

What character(s) will be the army builders in this series?

There is an episode with the army of robot Itchy and Scratchy's... Some holding giant cleavers, some carrying tommy guns!

Then there is the episode where Homer clones himself.

I can imagine an army of Kaangs and Krangs too.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    CCC said:

Simpsons is international though, and especially if this is part of the CMF run and not a separate series then I don't see why they would restrict it's distribution.
    Kids are international, but MBA is USA only, Architecture is international, but Architecture Studio is USA only. I'm not saying it will, because I believe that Simpsons has always had a big following elsewhere (particularly here in UK) but just a thought.
    I would be very surprised if this is Series 13 of the CMF's rather than its own seperate series, makes little to no sense.

^ I agree. I'm thinking that it wont be labeled Series 13 but is just taking the place of it in the release schedule. But then since they've said 12 will be from the movie, and the next after that (non-Simpsons) would be the game (rumor) that it is possible they'll call Simpsons 13 since the others will no longer be just generic minifigs not associated with anything in particular. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Series 12 will at least still be LEGO movie minifigs. if they did Series 13 Simpsons, it's gonna affect collecting on some level.

Some folks won't care, and some folks will definitely care in that numbering.
    ^ Yes, I think it will both affect current CMF collectors and Simpsons collectors. Why start collecting something at Series 13 - it makes sense to start it at Simpsons Series 1.
    ^I agree completely!!!
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    edited September 2013
    I think the Simpsons license was simply just a stepping stone for TLG to work with Fox, so they could acquire the rights to produce sets for the cinematic X-Men, Fantastic Four and the 3 upcoming Avatar films.
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    CCC said:

^ muumuu Homer ... with fat guy hat

Ha! This would be great but Homer has to come with his "Dialing Wand" as an accessory! Loved that episode.
    legodude said:

I think the Simpsons license was simply just a stepping stone for TLG to work with Fox, so they could acquire the rights to produce sets for the cinematic X-Men, Fantastic Four and the 3 upcoming Avatar films.

Hmm interesting. I wonder if there's some truth in that. The Simpsons does seem an odd license to go after (I can't imagine any focus groups of 10 years olds saying "We'd really like some lego based on a cartoon that's older than us").

Makes you wonder if bleeding some more money out of it was part of an agreement for TLG to get their hands on the (potentially more profitable?) superhero licenses.

Producing The Simpsons as a CMF line definitely makes more sense than trying to produce some lacklustre sets based around the characters (though perhaps that hasn't stopped them previously...).

• gifinimgifinim UKMember Posts: 174
    jasor said:

Series 12 will at least still be LEGO movie minifigs. if they did Series 13 Simpsons, it's gonna affect collecting on some level.

Some folks won't care, and some folks will definitely care in that numbering.

Unless they handle it like the Olympic CMFs, and the Simpsons are a separate set of figures between S12s LEGO movie theme and a normal S13 run.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,288
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,873
    They are definitely odd with huge heads. I really hope they figure out a way to do some sort of accessory to give Homer his belly. That is about the only way I can see making that figure look even remotely correct.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 779
    I actually think that they are far more fantastic than what I was expecting! I'm starting to get excited to see the CMF series.
  • leego76leego76 Chandlers FordMember Posts: 360
    Is this latest burst of thread activity related to some previewed images? Nothing obvious has come up after a quick search..
    ^ 3 posts up from yours "These are hideous" is a link.
  • TheMurmurTheMurmur Member Posts: 90
    I agree, hideous, though I'm not sure I believe they are real. Homer's torso looks yellow to me, rather than the white I would expect. I'm thinking (and hoping) they could be MOCs with non-lego heads attached.
  • leego76leego76 Chandlers FordMember Posts: 360
    ^^ Ah, very little difference in colour of texts and hyperlinks when juggling an early baby feed and your iPhone!
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    the torsos & legs are from other figures, the person who steals these from the factory or whatever doesn't seem to know what goes with what, just wants to make a quick buck
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    ^ That has to be the case, those torsos don't make any kind of sense.

Hopefully the real torsos will make the difference between head size and torso size less striking, because at the moment it looks too disproportional.
    andhe
    If they are the real heads, hopefully they'll look better on the real legs and torso.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    Pretty much what I expected them to look like...
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    What is that, Space Police legs on Homer, and Flanders in some kind of fur-lined leftover from the days of The Village People?
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    The heads are as I imagined them, if a little large. The lack of roundness on the torso makes them look odd though, so it would be good if they have something different for the final version. Still looking forward to them.
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    Could flander's torso belong to Days of future past Wolverine???
    Jonn420 said:

Could flander's torso belong to Days of future past Wolverine???

It's a monster fighters one. The guy from the swamp creature set. And it's yellow...

• Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    I ment JUST the torso, but good call on Monster Fighters, thats where its from.... And since i heard a hint of doubt, heres what i saw..
    andhe
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    S3 pilot or this http://www.bricklink.com/ML/adv009.jpg?0 are better choices since they don't have the yellow neck.
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Those really are terrible.
    andheACWWGal2011
  • crusher1976crusher1976 Member Posts: 43
    Sounds good there are hundreds of simpsons characters.they should do a minifigure series on them too.
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 503
    CM4S said:
    I am quite sure those are not for real. The quality of the plastic and colour printing on the faces looks to be way below the LEGO accuracy.
  • burnsiderburnsider Member Posts: 75
    If those images hold true, LEGO made some baaaaad versions of the Simpsons. Since when is Flander's head longer than his torso? Horrible proportions.
    edited October 2013
    The more I look at these the more I think no chance these are real. (I hope so anyway as the heads look real cheap an nasty IMO)

Since when has Lego done minifigure heads as one piece, without separate hair/hat/accessory. (Goblin King etc do not really count IMO, nor should mutant animals like TMNT).

If anything those pictures are just a minifigure body with the head of one of these attached.

Untitled
    It has been pointed out to me that they have done figures such as TMNT and Toystory similar.

Maybe these will look better in the flesh with the correct bodies. Part of the problem I have is that the quality and colours just look off in the first photos.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546

Having checked the other items this person is selling, those heads may turn out to be genuine - and if so, put me squarely in the 'awful' camp.

They look cheap, badly rendered, and just 'stuck on' (regardless of body).... thankfully my wallet will be eternally grateful that I won't be attracted by this range now, especially if they are also a rubbery substance rather than ABS.

On a wider issue, if these are genuine heads leaked from a factory (and looking at the other listings this person has, may well be) I hope TLG are checking this ebay seller out (maybe buying from him/her) in order to investigate the leak and take measures.

Dunno why, but I just don't like shady back-door shenanigans at works' factories.
    madforLEGO