Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

10179 Millenium Falcon---some questions:

plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
Ok, I know that #10179 is one of the most valuable (read: overpriced) sets of all time (or so it seems), but I would like to know some facts. What is a good asking price for one? How much value is lost if it has been opened & built (but still in good condition)?

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    The MISB vs Used ratio for this set is horrible. Roughly right now a New set is ~$2,700 and Used EC complete with box is around $1,700.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Ta. Still...it's nearly $2000...
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,136
    Based on ebay sales it looks like new sealed sets are going for around $2500 - $2700. Sealed 1st editions are selling for more and can reach up to $3200 right now.

There is a big price difference between sealed and used. Complete used sets go for around $1800. Auctions without the box tend to go for a couple hundred less most of the time.

People are still buying them even at those high end prices but I think for most the boat has sailed on purchasing one a long time ago. Even brick linking one has become a very expensive endeavor.