Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego creator expert next car model?

2»

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    edited August 2013
    An interesting distinction just jumped out at me here: Lego's "UCS"-style "Creator" cars have (so far - correct me if I'm wrong) been based on old classics, ie, VW Beetle and camper van. The modern supercars that Lego have made (Ferrari, Lambo) have all been in the "Racers" line. It strikes me that the Racers ones have more of a product line-up, rather than the Creator ones, which are one-offs.

Thus, I think we're much more likely to see some of the old, worldwide classics (like the VWs and @woony2's Merc) as Creator models aimed for nostalgic AFOLS, but anything that's a modern supercar/hypercar whatever (like the Veyron, or more Ferraris/Lambos) are more likely to come in the Racers line, being aimed at TFOLs and younger AFOLs. Anything really niche (ie, only famous in one country/region), like American muscle cars or my Reliant Robin will probably never be made.

That said, there seems to be a massive AFOL fanbase in Sheffield and the rest of the North of England, so maybe we will see the Reliant, just to placate them ;)
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    ^ I realised that a long time ago, the distinct separation between classic and modern in Lego cars. It is only fair that the classics get the UCS style treatment (and Lego do a brilliant job of them as well), and something to satisfy modern car nuts like myself (you would have guessed I'm 20 years old). Just such a shame the Racers line has gone now, after all Lego could have done much worse than to do a Racers subtheme celebrating all types of supercar (not just your Ferraris or Lambos).

But who knows? Thirty, forty, even fifty years from now, when we're all driving our ultra modern electric cars and that, and I'll be getting all nostalgic about the supercars of the Noughties. Only then we could see the prospect of a lovely 2000 piece Lego UCS supercar or something.

Wow, I haven't even thought of what I'm doing next year, yet I'm trying to predict the future of Creator Expert cars 30 years from now. I need to get my priorities right :-)

Oh, I'm all over the idea of a Lego Reliant Robin. I'm just imagining the hours of fun I would have with such a thing :-P. 'Reliant Robin' Shuttle Expedition set anyone? :-P
    AdeelZubairTechnicNick
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Am I seeing correctly, is that reliant a 3 wheel car?
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    Yes it is @vitreolum. One on the front, two at the back. Not the best layout, but the advantage is you can drive one without having a full licence here in the UK. :-)
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Just checked it on youtube, looks like real fun. :))
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Its got to be the old mini

You could then build 3 in Red White & Blue and you have yourself your very own Lego Italian Job!

:-)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,274
    ^ You could say the same with the new Mini since the remake of Italian Job had the new ones.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Imagine the classic mini with the union jack (in bricks please)all over the roof! Would buy that in a heartbeat (no i'm not from the UK!)!
  • JamesJTJamesJT Member Posts: 440
    Custom lego mini on ebay now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251323985573?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Looks a bit "bent" in some pictures.
    JamesJT said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251323985573?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Looks ok from the front and back, but somehow just looks "wrong" from all the other angles
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    JamesJT said:

I'm all for a Mini from Lego after seeing this.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,382
    Something like this maybe ???

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1642
    AdeelZubair
    edited August 2013
    Is it just me or does the bonnet on that one and the one on ebay look too long/flat? I think if the bonnet was a few studs shorter it would look much better
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Maybe they could do a "Trotters Independent Trading Co" Reliant, complete with Del Boy and Rodney Minifigures. I'd be all for that, maybe the next CUUSOO project anyone?