Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] TRU June 15-18 BOGO 50% off "all"

13»

Comments

• tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329

Ha! LMK what it's like working at 75...
    If I had to pick, I'd rather play at 30 and work at 75 then work at 30 and play at 75 ;-)

But really, why pick one or the other...just work AND play at 30...you know what ol' Jack says about "all work and no play" :-)

• TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    Went over to TRU today with my spending cash left over from Brickworld...was surprised that there was no signage denoting the BOGO sale. Asked the manager and he said they were honoring the sale on everything but Mindstorms...so I got some assorted things to fill out my want list. Managed to get two creator lighthouse polybags for free, and used my $5 TRU coupon as well.
    When I went back to the Lego aisle there was a mom with her son there trying to decide between two sets...so I let them know about the bogo sale. He wound up getting both sets and gave me a high five on the way out of the aisle. ;-)
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    ^^ I agree. Lego has beat my 401k easily every single year. Great hobby and an even better investment. These B1G1 50% off sale gives you instant equity with oodles to come in the following years for the right sets.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 316
    Grand Emporium are in stock currently.
    3 emporiums http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4057248

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    edited June 2011
    ^ Why didn't you call me?! ;o)
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    GE and QAR showed up again. I bit the bullet, added them, checked out, and then hit an error on "submit order" as I'm guessing someone was able to check ou faster than me. darn phone.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,425
    Good thing I did not list my haul....

I went to my local TRU here and they had a ton of stuff in stock, including 6 series 4 boxes.....
    But having a bunch of stuff arrived Friday I guess I should pop open the boxes and see the condition of the items (I should do that just to ensure TRU did not pull a swticharoo with my order, like when I got a polly pocket princess cruise ship instead of an Emerlad Night...)
    The boxes where beat up, but since I could hear and feel the box inside being able to move around I hope that means the box moved with eh side was apparently kicked in (or 'accordion'd') and did not get dented.
    If a box gets damaged I just consider that the one I will open... usually I get about 75% of my items with Boxes that are fine, but I got a bunch of stuff from Amazon where 4 out of 6 boxes were beat to snot, so it is not just TRU....
    Went over to TRU today with my spending cash left over from Brickworld...was surprised that there was no signage denoting the BOGO sale. Asked the manager and he said they were honoring the sale on everything but Mindstorms...so I got some assorted things to fill out my want list. Managed to get two creator lighthouse polybags for free, and used my $5 TRU coupon as well.
    When I went back to the Lego aisle there was a mom with her son there trying to decide between two sets...so I let them know about the bogo sale. He wound up getting both sets and gave me a high five on the way out of the aisle. ;-)
    Cool Deed man :-)
    QAR just is not a good enough deal for me.. not when Walmart has them and is notorious for price drops on at least one big Lego set a month (I think right now the Hogwarts is 99 on the site) Although they also have the QAR for $140 USD... on well I guess that is the going price now... I was lucky, go in on the PoTC BOGO50 when they were only 120 each.
    Hmmm, the Passenger train is also neat to own but again TRU raised the price on it... so like the QAR you are saving about 10 bucks each off of retail... Hah Tantive and Dropship both are raised up 15 bucks... good grief.... TRU really wants their pound of flesh... At least the Excavator and the Cargo train are the Retail
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Looks like the online sale is over. Strange that they don't run it until midnight on the west coast?
    edited June 2011
    ^They run it until 12am EDT, it ends here at 11pm CDT
    Anyone else regretting not buying more during this sale? Obviously not Rocao or Madforlegos... :o)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited June 2011
    ^ I missed the MMV. But when the smoke cleared, the final tally is:

Death Star x 2
    Tower Bridge x 2
    Imperial Shuttle + Tower Bridge
    Emerald Night x 2
    Grand Emporium x 2
    Grand Emporium + Diagon Alley
    Emerald Night + Mobile Crane
    Emerald Night x 2
    AC Earth Defense + City Harbor
    Mill Village Raid + City of Atlantis
    Kings Carriage Ambush + Lighthouse Island

I was careless and overlooked the fact that the last order didn't meet the requirement for free shipping, so the $10 shipping cost nullified half of the $20 discount. It's funny; something little like that will stay in the back of my mind and bother me for many years to come.

As I said previously, the worry now shifts to whether or not the boxes are damaged during shipping, particularly for the larger sets that aren't available in any local stores for me.

My philosophy when deal-hunting is shoot first and ask questions later. Return policies help in this regard. That brings me to my final complaint with TRU, which is online purchases are only refunded as merchandise credit, regardless of having the invoice which shows the form of payment originally used.
    I agree with your philosophy in principle, but Always have trouble pulling the trigger. And if I pass on something, I won't let myself ever buy it later unless it's equally discounted. And I know what you mean about screwing up a discount plan of attack. That eats at me for a while like playing a good hand badly. The password is OCD.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    edited June 2011
    ^ I missed the MMV. But when the smoke cleared, the final tally is:

Death Star x 2
    Tower Bridge x 2
    Imperial Shuttle + Tower Bridge
    Emerald Night x 2
    Grand Emporium x 2
    Grand Emporium + Diagon Alley
    Emerald Night + Mobile Crane
    Emerald Night x 2
    AC Earth Defense + City Harbor
    Mill Village Raid + City of Atlantis
    Kings Carriage Ambush + Lighthouse Island
    If you're looking for some free storage for some of those @rocao, I've got room in my collection ;o)
    Ill say this, I got a chunk of the items I bought today, and I did not like that one of the death star boxes had a dent in the corner....

• shoutingshouting Member Posts: 4
    I got a broken box with my Grand Emporium.
    T________T.
    Actually all my other boxes were fine today, except where someone dropped the Death Star...
    The shipping boxes for some of the items were damaged but the Lego box inside was ok...
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    All 4 of my items were in crushed shipping boxes, but suprisingly , the Lego boxes were almost all in good shape, less one Fire Brigade with a damaged corner.

But seriously TRU, you shouldn't worry about those poor boxes getting claustrophobic, it's ok to put more than 1 set per giant shipping box...they might even enjoy the extra company on the trip!
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    ^ LOL My UPS driver said his truck was 1/2 full of my half empty boxes.
    I received about half of my sets today. With the exception of Mill Village Raid and City of Atlantis that were shipped together, all the sets sat alone in oversized boxes with never more than 4 squares of air pack. The boxes were all crushed because of this, to the point where half of them no longer had the tape holding the flaps together.

The LEGO sets came out moderately unscathed with just slight crushing and creasing, except for my two Tower Bridge sets, which are sufficiently heavy to cause significant box warping and creasing when jostled around. I'll probably call TRU service about how to go about replacing them, although they are currently listed as out of stock.

I can't help thinking there is some ridiculous policy limiting the use of much padding. Otherwise it is mind boggling that nearly all the people packing any box I've ever received from Toys R Us can think that having a shipping box half empty is a good idea.

• JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    ^ FYI I had a damaged 10213 from a buy 2 get one. I had customer service order me a new one when I called to set-up the return. They were out of stock but she assured me they were getting more. One week later they canceled the order. Finally got one 45 days later after numerous phone calls.
    @JP3804: So they kept the return claim open? At what point during the exchange did you send back the set, and was it all done at TRU's expense?