Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] TRU June 15-18 BOGO 50% off "all"

paul88paul88 Member Posts: 166
edited June 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Hey Guys,
Just got an email from TRU stating the subject.... says "ALL" in capital letters. Tomorrow through Saturday.

Comments

• jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    edited June 2011
    Excellent.
    I know what I'm doing when I get off of work tomorrow.
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 166
    Yeah, I think this is the sale everyone's been waiting for :) Especially for AC and Kingdoms fans.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 946
    The recent Pharaoh's and Atlantis sets I pick up from TRU for BOGO 50% were at MSRP. Hopefully, those that interest me are the same. If so, I'll be dropping several c-notes.
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    i think im gonna get....wait its too hard to figure out, i can never make up my mind until im in the store. probably get creator lighthouse and village mill raid.
    edited June 2011
    Sad thing is, I already bought all the new stuff that I wanted pretty much. Definitely have to take advantage of the sale though so it will probably be some mix and match of kingdoms, AC...maybe some harry potter, too...who knows!
  • mrpolemrpole Member Posts: 15
    Last time they did "all" star wars was still excluded.
    edited June 2011
    Well the picture shows Harry Potter, Cars, POTC...but yes, mysteriously there are no star wars boxes present :(
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    I am guessing TRU will pull the usual stunt of the popular sets mysteriously becoming unavailable for shipping before the sale starts. Oh well there may still be a deal or two to be had.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 274
    Just curious if anyone has had success with buying the sets before the sale and then calling customer service and asking for an adjustment?

I guess if they don't do it you could always return the set to the store.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited June 2011
    "Sale prices are effective online beginning at 9:00AM Eastern on first day of sale."

However, I was able to get some SW sets the last time they had BOGO on SW at midnight Eastern time the day of the sale.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Hmmmm. I think I would go for Mill Village Raid and Earth Defense HQ. Resisting going for the really big sets - Tower Bridge or adding more modulars to my collection. Diagon Alley is REALLY tempting though.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,500
    I wonder if when all is said an done this is mimicking the Target sale in every way.. which it will stink...
    Man if this is for real and everything is on sale then it means Modulars and Potter Diagon alleys...
    Whoa, my poor poor credit card...
    Something is up I think. Series 4 minifigs are now up to 3.49 per fig online... makes sense if a BOGO is on its way, but it appears the Series 3 are still 2.99
    It appears to be working
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ To what extent? I'm not seeing a discount. Gotta checkout?
    Sale is up. Stocked up on the Medieval Market Village. Out of stock now...that was quick. Remember free shipping is only up to $20 so make sure to only order 2 large sets at a time. Free lighthouse is a fun bonus.
    WTF. I'm not seeing any discounts. Is there a code to enter?
    edited June 2011
    Try closing out of your browser and reopening it.

@ doriansdad I should have gone for MMV first instead of MVR. Oh well that is enough damage for one night.
    Are u in the USA?

On the product page under the set title u should see "Buy 1 Get 1 50% OFF! (Details)". If not try refreshing.
    Switched to Firefox. Working now.
    edited June 2011
    ^ Call your local store and see if they have it on the shelves....you may get lucky. I also grabbed 2 Emerald Nights....they are still available.
    I have noticed with Firefox you must close your browser now and reopen it to see BOGO (learned that last time when I missed out on Emerald night and Fire Brigade)
    edited June 2011
    I got my Diagon Alley's at BOGO AND the Lego DEATH STAR is BOGO!!!! Heard my Credit card winch at that one but worth it I think
  • mackrelmackrel Member Posts: 75
    I just got two Death Stars....
    Lots of stuff still in stock. Amazing.
    I think this caught A LOT of people off guard.. and TRU apparently had a lot Lego stock for the first time in a long time
    @Paul88: THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the heads up, because I have not been getting the TRU email notifications for a while for whatever reason
    I just hope they don't beat up my boxes too bad this time. Last time about half of the sets were in pretty bad shape....the Death Star comes in the Lego factory shipping box so is safe and sound tho.
    ^ Yeah TRU has been hit or miss with their packages to me.. The packages are too big and they do not pack them well enough.. I guess it is ok though, because half the time a side is dented in, and the box inside is spared because it can move around...
    edited June 2011
    Death Stars are gone...
    Fire Brigades gone...
    Emerald Nights still there
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited June 2011
    I've just purchased... a lot...
    time to call the credit card company and tell them it's really me :P
    ^ Yeah... My Lego buying is done for about 2-3 months I think.. unless there is a Buy two get the third free sale...lol
    Time to call the credit card company and extend the limit
    Heh had 2 Death Stars sitting in my cart and went to checkout and they were no longer available...I guess they don't old them for you :(

Next time....
    I purchased:

Death Star x 2
    Tower Bridge x 2
    Emerald Night x 2
    Grand Emporium + Diagon Alley
    Emerald Night + Mobile Crane
    AC Earth Defense + City Harbor
    Mill Village Raid + City of Atlantis
    Kings Carriage Ambush + Lighthouse Island
    ^^ no they do not. otherwise nothing would be available as people would just stock their carts to do it.

This also happened to me when trying to get fire brigades a few months ago during a BOGO
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Tower's gone
    Emerald's gone
    Imperial Shuttle down to 11
    AtOt down to 5
    Emporium at 150
    Diagon at 68
    QAR at 33

I couldn't make up my mind so I think I am going to skip it... :o(

I don't resell so I'm having a hard time rationalizing a second emporium and a Diagon that seems great but don't collect the theme. The best kind of dilemmas...
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    i've had several items in my cart, but just can't pull the trigger. i was counting on it going live in the morning, so wasn't really paying attention and missed out on several items. good thing, because i surely would have snatched up a pair of death stars
  • georgebjonesgeorgebjones Member Posts: 224
    Wow - totally missed out on this sale. They do still have a few things, but like Yellowcastle have a hard time rationalizing more of what I already have. Maybe I should start reselling...
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Had to head to bed early last night. The only thing I really wanted online was 2 more Emerald Nights, but it's not a big deal that I missed out on them. Glad everyone else got some great deals! I may head to the store later for some Kingdoms and Alien Conquest stuff. Thanks!
  • allendeanallendean Member Posts: 32
    Such a shame. I thought the ad said it would start at 9:00am. Truly bummed - I wanted the Death Star.

Don't they do another sale like this towards the end of the year?
    I'm in the same boat.... was going to stay up but then didn't. This morning around 6am everything was gone that I was interested in (death star, diagon alley)..... Anyway, they just had one around Easter. They may just have another one sooner than later. With the economy as bad as it is, they're doing whatever they can to get sales boosted.
  • stephenvwstephenvw Lexington, KYMember Posts: 89
    edited June 2011
    Online it says 10197 and 10211 are 'In stock' but every time I add it to my cart it says "The following item: LEGO Creator Fire Brigade (10197) has limited inventory. We've adjusted the quantity below to reflect the number we have available." and quantity goes to zero. :(

EDIT: It now says 'Out of Stock'
    Online it says 10197 and 10211 are 'In stock' but every time I add it to my cart it says "The following item: LEGO Creator Fire Brigade (10197) has limited inventory. We've adjusted the quantity below to reflect the number we have available." and quantity goes to zero. :(

EDIT: It now says 'Out of Stock'
    Yeah, welcome to the "get it at midnight, or don't get it" club :(
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    We went to our local TRU today and picked up a little bit of stuff. I've been itching to get those modified 2x2 round bricks from the Atlantis set as well as the dark purple bricks in the HP Knights bus:)
    6-15.jpg 770.4K
    ^ Did you have to do multiple transactions to get all those lighthouses??
    Has anyone received a shipping confirmation for a set > $100? I've received shipping confirmations for two orders with sets < $100, and no confirmation yet on my four orders with sets > $100
    That would stink big time if TRU pulled a barnes and noble...
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    I got order confirmation on my two emporiums, but no shipping confirmation yet
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    ^ Did you have to do multiple transactions to get all those lighthouses??
    Nope, the lady working said she didn't know how many I was supposed to get so she just threw a bunch in the bags.