Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Not for sale

elazgarelazgar Member Posts: 31
edited June 2011 in Collecting
What would you do with LEGO items which have never been sold? Just to advertise themselves.

Do you think these bricks have a special value?

Have you ever had this kind of bricks or any other item made for shops?

Comments

• davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 804
    These things pop up now and again-- they're neat to keep in your collection as conversation pieces, but they don't tend to fetch much money that I'm aware of. Do you know what they were used for? Looks like they had some sort of decal applied (the printing looks like it's slipped, so it's probably not the normal printing technique), and have set numbers from some 1999 sets. So, probably some sort of labeling to show which set was which in a display (probably internal only or for something like Toy Fair?)

DaveE
  • MaxxMaxx Member Posts: 4
    There are collectors that like those parts.

I'm a 2x4 brick collector and I have many bricks that were never sold by TLC.
    See also special Duplo bricks for store openings, those are very collectable.
  • elazgarelazgar Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2011
    Do you know what they were used for? Looks like they had some sort of decal applied (the printing looks like it's slipped, so it's probably not the normal printing technique), and have set numbers from some 1999 sets. So, probably some sort of labeling to show which set was which in a display (probably internal only or for something like Toy Fair?)
    I got them from a toy shop, they were going to throw them away (I also have most of the sets, not just the brick) I think that they were given to the shop so as to put them with the whole set in the window shop. Judging the colour of the "white" bricks it seems that they were there for a long period of time
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,169
    edited June 2011
    Do you know what they were used for? Looks like they had some sort of decal applied (the printing looks like it's slipped, so it's probably not the normal printing technique), and have set numbers from some 1999 sets. So, probably some sort of labeling to show which set was which in a display (probably internal only or for something like Toy Fair?)
    I got them from a toy shop, they were going to throw them away (I also have most of the sets, not just the brick) I think that they were given to the shop so as to put them with the whole set in the window shop. Judging the colour of the "white" bricks it seems that they were there for a long period of time
    ...ick... always bad when a white brick looks tan..lol