Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

WTB 1x4 and 2x4 (and maybe longer) bricks. Well used condition ok!

graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,246
I am in need of a bunch of 1x4 and 2x4 bricks in any condition but specifically the cheaper the better. Probably 500-1000 of each to start. Can be pretty much any variant of them ie 1x4: log style, with studs on sides etc.. or 2x4's with axle pins or just regular and in any color. Can have stickers, be well worn, scratched etc as long as they aren't cracked in a way that affects the clutch. Basically looking for someone that has a large collection of "craigslist" used bulk that they'd like to offload.

I'd also be interested in some (but not as many) 1x? or 2x? where ? is 6, 8, 10, 12 or 16 in the same condition.

Using these to build up a lattice support inside my mountain with train tunnel for my train layout and I'll have my stock of those parts used up in the bottom 1/4 or so of what I expect it to be in the end. Looking for larger lots at once so I dont have to pay shipping multiple times. Just checking here before I post in the BL forums for a bulk lot since most sellers don't probably list the crappy parts.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,205
    If these are not going to be seen, have you considered using duplo? It is a cheaper way of building a rigid structure. If you buy a 8x8 duplo plate (equiv to 16 x 16), and make legs out of duplo 2x2 bricks, they are really quite strong, and top them off with 2x4 lego bricks, so you can then build with proper lego on top. You can do the same with 8x16 duplo plates for bigger structures, although these normally need a central support leg too.
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    @silentmode is looking to reduce his bricks. He may have some.
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 549
    I have a couple more boxes of unwanted parts, these include plenty of 2x4s and some 1x bricks, mostly red and yellow. Not sure how much either of them weigh yet.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,246
    @CCC interesting Idea but I'd rather keep it all LEGO. @SilentMode PM sent.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,246
    Forgot to mention that it would probably be best for shipping costs if this was from someone in the US.