Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Trade: Looking for help from a US forum member

diodramadiodrama Member Posts: 19
Hi all
Im based in the UK and while mainly collecting Lego I'm also a huge GI Joe fan. Hasbro have recently released a range of Kre-o GI Joe figures which I'm keen to get (as Lego will never get their hands on the licence and do the job properly) but they are US toys r us exclusives. So I'm looking to find someone in the US who is willing to trade ideally for the set of 12 Kre-o Joes (they are $3.19 each and unlike Lego collectible mini figs are each coded so you can ensure you don't get duplicates) in return for Lego. I'm proposing to trade TWO Lego collectible minifigs of your choice from series 8 or 9 for each GI Joe Kreo figure. (I can supply the list of codes for the kreos)

If anyone is interested in this but already has full Lego mini fig sets - please message me and let's see what deal we can work out. I'm happy to purchase current range and trade in your favour to get these GI Joe figs. I also have mint loose clone wars figs, some mint loose lord of the rings sets available to trade.

Please post or message me if you are interested.
Thanks!

Comments

• RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Hi,
    I can stop by my local store after work today and see if they have them in stock. I would most likely be interested in any lotr sets you may have.

Thanks,
    Renny
  • diodramadiodrama Member Posts: 19
    Thanks Renny - PM Sent
    edited February 2013
    Thanks @renny who offered to help me out but unfortunately the local toys r us was out of stock - so still keen to set up a trade for these.

Below are the codes that appear on the blind bags usually at the top on the back if it helps anyone.

GIJOE Kreo Blind bag codes
    23401 75 Alley Viper
    23401 76 Cobra Ninja Viper
    23401 77 Cobra Trooper
    23401 78 Crimson Guard
    23401 79 Cobra Axe Ninja
    23401 80 Kim Arashikage (Jinx)
    23401 81 Kamakura
    23401 82 Quick Kick
    23401 83 Rock-N-Roll
    23401 84 Scarlett
    23401 85 Adventure Team Commander
    23401 86 Torpedo

Please message me if you're interested.

Many thanks
    Diodrama
  • jlpythonjlpython ILLINOIS, USAMember Posts: 77
    I stopped by a TRU near me today looking for these as well, but the box was empty. They did have a couple sets - the Checkpoint Alpha one with Law & Order and the one with the white Cobra Mech. I'll still keep my eyes open though for those blind bags. And the sets were BOGO 50% I believe. Thanks for the codes also -
    Thanks @jlpython - didn't realise the sets were out as well. I'm interested in trading for these as well. If you're also interested please message me.
    Thanks again
    Diodrama
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    I stopped by my TRU on the way home today because the website said they have these in stocks. Took about 10 mins walking around half of the store with an employee before we could find the box. I then spent the next 10 mins trying to find the code on the bag, but I could not see anything even remotely resembling the numbers listed above. After scratching my head for about 5 additional minutes, I realized that they had put the wrong bags into the box. This was the mini-something or other kreo GI Joe minifigs (the "collect all 40" [instead of 12] finally gave it away). Anyway, to make a long story short, asked another employee and was told that they didn't have any, and that an Adult Fan of Kreo has been looking for these every day for the past two weeks. However, they have a possible delivery on Thursday, and if I can get there at opening time, I may be able to beat out the AFOK.

Well, that was my TRU adventure for the day :).
    margot
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,247
    I can try to check my TRU in the next day or so. They've been pretty good with having all the LEGO poly's and such as they come out so maybe they'll have these as well.
    Thanks guys - looks like these are more popular than I was expecting...
    Sounds like an adventure @poochy! I think those things you've seen are the little non-poseable, oversized head figures hasbro are also making. The kreo packs will have the numbers on, as they did with their mini transformers range.
    Checked mine tonight. I didn't see them, and the website said my store was out of stock. Asked an employee and they said the computer said they had 4 and were supposed to be getting more tonight. She said that doesn't mean they'll actually come in, but I'll stop by again tomorrow and check.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    @diodrama I am also a huge GI Joe fan. I will check my TRU as well.

Just did this last week
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 150
    @diodrama I'm headed to my TRU in a couple of hours. I'll pick them up if they have them (assuming you still need them).
    Hi all
    Thanks for your posts everyone - yep still looking for these. They seem to be really hard to find.
    @pitfall69 nice! The conquest was a great, classic toy. It's really good to see that hasbro have gone for the classic joes in their kreo line not the newer or movie designs.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    Ah, what Lego could have done with GI Joe. The possibilities are endless.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Checked again this morning and still no go, even with the new delivery :(.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    ^ Just so you know at least at my TRU whenever they say they have a "possible shipment" of an item, that just means that they're getting something on that day (and no guarantee that it will have that item in it).
    @diodrama got you a full set. Will PM you in a bit.
    Poochy
  • DaSmokeEaterDaSmokeEater Member Posts: 34
    I'll keep 'em peeled here too, TRU just did a BOGO 50% off on Kre-o Joe sets. I really like where they're going with this stuff too!
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 150
    Just an empty box on the shelf at mine:(
    @graphite amazing! Thank you so much - PM sent.

Thanks everyone else who helped too. Thought I'd post a photo of what all the fuss was about! They'll never replace Lego minifig's simplicity and style but Hasbro have done a great job of staying true to the classic Joe brand.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I have to say those are really really cool. Argh, must...fight...temptation... I really like the Quickkick, Jinx, Scarlett, Rock N Roll, and !!Torpedo!!.
    Just wanted to say thanks to @graphite for helping me out with a full set of these. Thanks to everyone else who also offered help. I now have the twelve on display and they really are amazing - see attached photo! I know this is a Lego board so I really do appreciate all the help guys.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    edited March 2013
    Pitfall69 said:

Ah, what Lego could have done with GI Joe. The possibilities are endless.

So far as I know, G.I. Joe is similar to Transformers and Ninja Turtles where the show was created to market the toys, so this one would probably have never seen the light of day anyway. I think Ninja Turtles only came about because of Nickelodeon's acquisition of the entire property.
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    ^TMNT was first an indie comic book from Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird in the mid-80's. Licensing and toys didn't come until a couple of years later.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    edited March 2013
    The Mirage title debuted in '84, but Playmates (with the help of Fred Wolf Studios) produced the '87 cartoon in order to sell the toys.