Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Availablility of Winter Cottage at Lego Shop

Hi
Missed out on getting the winter cottage online at the Lego shop at thediscounted price as the UK online site now shows it to be 'sold out' -so does anyone know if TLG will make more available at the current discounted price? Thanks

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    It is unlikely. You are best off phoning round each of the stores to see if they have any left and asking nicely if they might waive the £10 fee they usually charge for delivery.
    madforLEGO
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,794
    Sheffield has loads.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,373
    ^ yup, was in Sheffield on Saturday and they had at least 16.
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 396
    None in Bluewater or Stratford a few days ago.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    quite a few in manchester on friday.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,019
    I know here it has been selling out very quickly ( U.S ) any time anything is close to selling out people become frantic and rush to get it.
  • rchaddrchadd Member Posts: 187
    there were 2 left at bluewater on saturday...and also 2 bakerys and about 5 post office. suggest you give them a call.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Bakeries are going for $100+ (in US anyway) and you're saying they are still on the shelf in Bluewater?
  • eggyeggy Member Posts: 34
    Thanks Guys for the info, unfortunately I'm located in Singapore & can't make personal trips to the shops, my only way is to order online via the Lego [email protected]
    bakerys were £45 in the sale section.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,171
    edited February 2013

I know here it has been selling out very quickly ( U.S ) any time anything is close to selling out people become frantic and rush to get it.

I think more people are frantic to get one in US for a 30% discount on RRP, as Amazon US has them in stock, but for 99.99.
    However, the fear can sink it to get one or two in case they fail to come back next year, but Im guessing they will be back.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,356
    ^ Agree, I bought 2 just because they were $30 off retail. You can always use them to MOC with.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    eggy said:

Thanks Guys for the info, unfortunately I'm located in Singapore & can't make personal trips to the shops, my only way is to order online via the Lego [email protected]

In that case I'd be inclined to ask around on the forum if someone will pick one up and ship it to you.
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 742
    I called Bluewater on Tuesday morning about the WV Bakery. They told me they had come off the stock system the day before and they weren't able to sell them to me at the moment, but to call back on Friday as they might be available then.

Just called and was put through to the manager. He has 10 sets left in stock, but has been instructed by head of UK that he can't sell them. He wasn't sure if they would be broken up and go in the PAB (!!!) or returned to the Warehouse (this he thought most likely). If the latter he thought they might go on sale again in the run up to Xmas. So how many sets are likely to be returned from Lego shops around Europe? Sounds like this will be a very short, quick sale if it happens.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,019
    I wonder where this warehouse is? Imagine working there? Oh the sets you must see!
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 838
    I'm not sure where the Lego UK warehouse is. I seem to remember it used to be at Wrexham, and may still be there. I know thats where the Dacta warehouse is, as I have collected pallets of Lego from there in the past.

@Briking - the removal of the Winter sets was in fact not limited to the Cottage but also to the Post Office and Bakery also. Any Winter stock left on the shelves, the stores were told to 'lose' ie. make disappear - TLG simply wrote off. Where stores had half a dozen sets left on the shelves, the staff shared out amongst themselves, where they had vast quantities left, TLG drew the line and asked the staff to keep back until next season. Bottom line was that TLG didn't want Winter sets on the shelves past February as it might be seen to weaken or devalue the theme.
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 742
    If only I'd had the good sense to call at the weekend... Bother :-(
    Was thinking the same. The staff literally had the ability to give them away. :-(
  • StompingFreakStompingFreak United KingdomMember Posts: 59
    The loge stores are selling them off cheap, pick it up in Liverpool store for 69.00
    I'm surprised, the sku has been removed from the system.
    offer the staff cash ;)
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 838
    I was in the Sheffield store last Saturday and there was nothing left on the shelves of this theme. I did ask but the supervisor who was serving me said they had all gone.
    Calv said:

I was in the Sheffield store last Saturday and there was nothing left on the shelves of this theme. I did ask but the supervisor who was serving me said they had all gone.

They were all in the boot of his car.
  • BRCBRC Member Posts: 125
    I know where there's one left in Australia. We have the Bakery and want to get this too.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    http://www.target.com/p/lego-creator-expert-winter-village-cottage-10229/-/A-14286946#prodSlot=medium_1_22

Target has LEGO Creator Expert Winter Village Cottage 10229 online...