Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Looking for 30 tan 4x4 Radar dishes

ButchaButcha New ZealandMember Posts: 45
edited February 2013 in Marketplace
Hey guys, as some of you are aware, I'm currently on my way toward building a pedestal for the Statue of Liberty..
But some of the parts are strangely hard to find.

I've bricklinked the majority of the parts, but am still in need of 30
Dish 4 x 4 Inverted (Radar)
in tan. It seems odd that there are so few on BL, but anyho. Does anyone here have any?

If anyone has some they wouldn't mind trading/selling off (the more the better, I'm not really going to bother importing buying single ones) please be in touch :)

Cheers

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,247
    Its pretty obvious why there are so few. Look at the sets it was available in. Of the 6 sets it came in there is the original Sopwith #3451, the original Jabba's Palace #4480 and the original UCS X-wing #7191.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Depending on how much of a purist you are, you could buy some of the decorated ones and wipe them. There is a bunch of Vikings shield dishes available under $.20 each. bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=3960pb12&colorID=2
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,227
    I wish US --> UK postage was cheaper, I'd have some of those - and wouldn't wipe them.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,247
    What do you use to wipe them? Never thought of that for parts I could use for other things.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited February 2013
    ^ I think Brasso should work on them; it at least works on minifigs.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,510
    edited February 2013
    Brasso, or a minor plastic polish, or WD-40.. goo gone, just make sure you wash them thoroughly
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,227
    I use neat alcohol or diluted acetone.
  • ButchaButcha New ZealandMember Posts: 45
    DadsAFOL said:

Depending on how much of a purist you are, you could buy some of the decorated ones and wipe them. There is a bunch of Vikings shield dishes available under $.20 each. bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=3960pb12&colorID=2

Brilliant idea. I'm generally a purist but I don't see wiping the print off a part as too big of a deal.. I might have a practice on a part - if it goes well you might have a customer ;)

Cheers, Sam
  • ButchaButcha New ZealandMember Posts: 45
    Tried it, works a charm. Off to BL - Thanks crew!