Is TLG Privately Owned?

m4ttym4tty Member Posts: 54
edited February 2013 in Everything else LEGO
does anyone know if you can buy shares in lego, i couldnt find anythink on here about it , ive looked on the net and someone said the normal public cant, would anyone know a yes or no answer on this

Comments

• USMCYodzUSMCYodz Member Posts: 93
    Lego is privately traded, as it has been with that family since the beginning. I don't know if employees have opportunities to buy, but the public doesn not.
  • m4ttym4tty Member Posts: 54
    thats not good news then... in the kind of market we are in at the moment lego seems to be a good firm to maybe buy some shares in
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    edited February 2013
    No, It is very good IMO.
    I do not want some rinky dink day traders telling the company what to do..
    I believe that with a privately traded company the company has much more freedom to do whats best for the consumer, including top notch customer service.
    With a publicly traded company that all goes to India, and sorry but I know first hand that such support is terrible.
    And if you thought part quality in China was bad.. imagine if LEGO had to try to gain 2 cents per share on their stock
    I for one would like to know the company cares about me, the customer, and not their 'per share' price going up 2 cents.
    FollowsClosely
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    edited February 2013

imagine if LEGO had to try to gain 2 cents per share on their stock
    I for one would like to know the company cares about me, the customer, and not their 'per share' price going up 2 cents.

Alternatively:

LEGO senior manager: Yes, this is a lovely idea but really, sets costing $200+ to be targetted at grown-ups?

LEGO ideas guy: But we know that grown-ups are an attractive market. There's real potential here.

LSM: I'm not saying you're wrong but can you imagine with the analysts might say? If one of them ridicules this approach it could play badly with the markets.

LIG: But...

LSM: What about re-issuing some of those sets that were popular when we were kids? A tweak here and there; it'll be safe, cheap to develop, and non-controversial for our investors.