Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

Chima TV show dates?

Why did Chima stall after the first double episode?

Comments

• tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,950
    It didn't stall. The plan was not to air all the episodes then.
    That was just a teaser episode, to start getting kids into Chima.
    I think the summer is when the season is supposed to launch. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Glad I'm not the only one wondering. Well, of course, there's also my son... I did some net-digging because I figured episode 3 was due any day, but it does seem like it's set for sometime this summer. I couldn't find anything more definitive. Strange that a wave of Speedorz will have come and gone before the show really starts.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited February 2013
    Thanks, I was wondering the same. The first two episodes were a hit with my son.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

Strange that a wave of Speedorz will have come and gone before the show really starts.

Yes, that strikes me as poor planning on LEGO's part. But they are new to the whole TV show selling toys bit, they'll get it figured out.

This is a possible chance for resellers to get into it, the first wave of spinner things for Chima is going out soon, so if you want to take a flyer, buy a few of them, they might triple in price this summer. :)

Or not, who knows...
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 781
    Summer is the scheduled release season. Expect mid-July once the Summer sets have started to pop up in stores.
  • lilmonster777lilmonster777 Member Posts: 53
    Thanks all, I've been wondering this myself.
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    If I remember correctly, they did Ninjago exactly the same way. A double episode (seems like in January), then it was months before the actual series really started.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,805
    edited February 2013
    I think part of the reason for the delay is that the "preview" of the first two episodes is meant to gauge viewership, so networks can decide which time slot will be best for the show. The same thing happened on a smaller scale with Ninjago, with "Rise of the Snakes" and "Home" airing in early December 2011, then regularly-scheduled episodes beginning in mid-January starting with reruns of those two episodes. Not sure why the delay is so much longer in Chima's case, but it would explain why there's a delay in the first place.

Ninjago did have an even longer delay between the pilot in January 2011 and the start of regularly-scheduled episodes in January 2012, but that's probably a different case since as far as I know, Cartoon Network signed for a full season of Chima even before the first two episodes aired, whereas in Ninjago's case the pilot was meant to gauge whether there was interest in a full series whatsoever.