Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TMNT: Turtle's "green-ness"

LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
Purchased a couple of the new Turtles sets today, I love them. :) I got 79101 Shredder's Dragon Bike and 79102 Stealth Shell in Pursuit. I noticed a difference in the green colour of Raphael and Donatello. Raphael is a darker green, similar to the Swamp monster, whereas Donatello is a much brighter green, similar to the Dinosaur suit guy. I was wondering if some of the turtles are intentionally different in colour, or if it's just a production variant.

Comments

• jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    I know on the show, they all vary in color and shape
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    different species of turtle.
    BrickDancer
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    The action figures are the same way, with 3 of the turtles a normal green while Raphael is a darker tone.
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    Interesting - thanks for the feedback! :)
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Same with mine.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Technically, all four turtles are different shades of green, so I was pleased they did something to try and illustrate that in the minifigs, even if they did it in such a way as to minimize the number of unique torsos they needed to create.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2013
    They always have been different colours right back to the 80s toys.
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 555
    I've still got my original Turtles actions figures, all four were clearly different shades. Leo was dark green, Don was dark olive green, Raph was bright green and Micky was a dark aqua/crocodile green.

I can't seem to remember the reason for this. Neither the original comic (which was B/W) or the original cartoon used different colors for the Turtles. This might have been done just for the toy line by Playmates and then carried on in later incarnations.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited February 2013

I can't seem to remember the reason for this. Neither the original comic (which was B/W) or the original cartoon used different colors for the Turtles. This might have been done just for the toy line by Playmates and then carried on in later incarnations.

Most likely to differentiate characters better since the low-quality, cheap animation could not. The same could be said about the toy line. After all, the reason there are so many color variations of clones and the like in the Clone Wars cartoon is so that more toys could be sold. The result is your rainbow of "Power Ranger" clone troopers (as I jokingly refer to them).
    Class. I just assumed/expected that they were all the same shade. Will get the Michaelangelo/Krang set tomorrow, wondering if he'll be any different now. If someone has it actually and wants to mention it, please spoiler tag until tomorrow midday, which is the time I hope to have it by. :P
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I just checked the 4 Lego turtle mini figures that I have and Michelangelo and Donatello are light green while Leonardo and Raphael are both a darker shade.
    ^I just read that, so forget about my spoiler suggestion. :) Yeah it's kinda cool that they're different. Really want one of the Leonardo sets, they're the more expensive ones but still really tempted to splash out on them, don't think I can hold out long enough for an amazon sale...