Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Bricks & Pieces [TLG Customer Services parts ordering]

Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
How have other people found this service?

I've noticed that the availability is very sketchy. A lot of the things listed on there aren't actually available, as we know, but also - and this is very weird - I tried to order a part and was told it was discontinued and unavailable, then tried again to order the same part in a different order later the same day, and was told it was available. Weird.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,197
    I have had the same. Then when you come to place the order by phone, they say it is not available.

Sometimes I don't think they bother checking availability - they just tell you the price, then only check availability when it comes to you placing the order.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 654
    edited February 2013
    I tried ordering online but they aren't allowed to sell licensed parts or minifigures, availability is really spotty, and your final order quote is just a grand total. Do a phone order. They never say what individual pieces cost. Some cool brand new parts available, but it's quite a hassle.
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    I've had trouble getting their online ordering system to work, so I ended up calling my order in. To be honest, it was the most disappointing customer service experience I've had with LEGO. The CS Rep wasn't exactly unfriendly, but he wasn't very nice either. he didn't give me any kind of price breakdown, and when he gave me the total, he came across as very defensive. Perhaps they're used to customers pitching a fit over prices? I don't know.

I do know the whole experience doesn't really make me want to try and use the service again.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,197
    edited February 2013
    I don't understand why they don't remove the parts they call licensed from the BUY section of bricks and pieces. If they are not allowed to sell it, don't show it to us and put a price on it. Some of the parts they won't sell are ridiculous. I tried to get some brown hoods for monks - no, that is a licensed piece as it is a jedi hood. Despite it being a generic lego design available in many other colours. It has even appeared in reddish brown before in one of their own sets (Trolls), just with a different part number - which of course is not available. Similar thing with the medium lavender short legs. I wanted one pair for a MOC minifig of my daughter, who loves wearing purple. No, it is a licensed part of The Penguin in Arkham Asylum. They'd let me have the medium lilac (which were also The Penguin's legs in an earlier set!) but not medium lavender. It's not like I wanted the head and torso, which are clearly licensed parts (and removed from the buy section of B&P). If you aren't going to sell it, don't show it.
    pantboy