Vaasa Lego (Finland) :) Hogwarts Express €99 & Planets S1 €3.90

OK I went for a work trip to Vaasa this week but as shops are open later here in Finland decided to have a snoop around. I love going to the not so common shops and trying to find bargains.

First night I went to Halpa-Halli a good old fashioned cheap supermarket. I did find some deals and the best was Series 1 Lego Planets. On the second floor, all 3 and quite a few sets available. They are all priced at €3.90 each, yep nearly as cheap as ONE minifigure (€2.50 in most stores). I am not a fan of these so didn't bother but worth it if you are as most places here they are €9.99 :) Maybe good for Xmas tree baubles plus a few good minifigs :)

Second deal was better :) I did a google on Toy Shops in Vaasa and found one store FanToy (next to Citymarket) which had a lot of new Lego stuff AND some old. Best which I DID buy was Harry Potter Hogwarts Express 4841 priced at €99.99. I did leave 4 of them too. Long gone from all shops. I also managed to get the last Forbidden Forest which I was pleased about.

I did ask for a discount and was pleasantly suprised that the lovely lady salesperson agreed. So I walked away happy! :D

They had quite a few old Star Wars sets but at full price. Best one probably the Tank (€149.99). Some beautiful Castle sets (The Mill €90 and Kings Ambush €44) but at those prices I didn't discuss.

Last 'kind' of bargain was at Antilla. They have a sale on at the moment and looks like the Lego was raided. But I always feel like a failure if I can't find at least one bargain even if I don't take it. So I was happy when I found one - Star Wars 2012 Calendar for €20. Ok it aint €14.99 but it is still cheap for a older (couple of months) set. I didn't buy but there were 5 left.

I had an idea for a competition a few weeks ago about finding the 'oldest' set in the shops, but that has probably already been discussed. (I didn't mean these although they are fairly old).

Vaasa has a little gem of an Indian Restaurant too, which I visited twice which I can thoroughly recommend.

Anyway an interesting trip to Vaasa. I think my wife will think it was a jolly though, returning with a big bag of Lego ;)

Comments

• mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    edited February 2013
    Although one problem with Vaasa is the need to order in Swedish.
    patrickbrans
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    Actually bit the bullet and bought one of each so not bad 3 for near a tenner :) Still loads left. No Hogwarts left though .. wonder why :) (No not me)
  • Dread_PirateDread_Pirate Member Posts: 184
    When you said Vaasa I thought some one made a Lego Vasa, as in the ill fated Sweedish Warship. Oh well.

Sounds like you had quite a few nice finds!

DP