Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

VIP keychain Charity Sweepstake

MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
edited February 2013 in Community and Events
Hi guys, following @Kevbags success with his charity sweepstake for the brand store I'd like to run one for my VIP Valentine Keychain. As an extra sweetener the prize will also include a full custom minifig of your choice/design (from http://minifigs.me)

The money will go to St Luke's Hospice who cared for my Dad in his last few days.
http://www.stlukeshospice.org.uk/

Entry is just £1 by paypal (not euros or dollars please). However if you donate/enter £5 you'll get 8 entries into the draw. PLEASE send the money as a personal gift or else we'll lose a lot of the money to paypal fees. The email address to send to is emujuice at hotmail dot com.

Entries will close on the 28th of February and the winner contacted directly and announced here.

Please PM me any questions but please be patient if you don't get a response quickly as the funeral is this week, but I wanted to strike while the iron/keychain is hot.

thanks for your support!
Caroline

SirKevbagsGothamConstructionCoJosephatkinsarLostInTranslationrichoLegoboyMatthewkempo81drdavewatfordSilentModebricksanMathBuilderprincedraven

Comments

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Good luck with the fund raising Caz and so sorry to hear about your dad.

p.s. I've entered.
    MinifigsMe
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I'm in. Great chance for those of us who are un loved and more importantly a worthy cause!
    MinifigsMe
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited February 2013
    My condolences about your Dad.
    The raffle is an excellent idea! The question is: is it UK only?
    MinifigsMe
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Happy to post internationally, all entries welcome :)

Thanks guys for your entries, much appreciated x
  • hantothantot UKMember Posts: 247
    not wanting to be Buzz Killington but I'm not sure its legal in the UK to offer bonus entries for spending a certain amount as all entries must be considered "equal"
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ I'm sure this would count the same as 'tickets 50p each or 5 for £2' kind of idea which is frequently seen.

I'm in
    ^ As we are all friends here and everything is being done in good faith I think its perfectly fine for rules to be bent a little.
    edited February 2013
    @hantot, I hope you understand this is all being done 'between friends'. All the money will be going to the charity, I just thought it might add an incentive for a bigger donation. Technically it's not a raffle. You're donating to my favourite charity and I'm sending a gift to one of you because I like you. ;-)

thanks for the support @Matthew and @kevbags
    GothamConstructionCo
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    done :o)
    MinifigsMe
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    hantot said:

not wanting to be Buzz Killington but I'm not sure its legal in the UK to offer bonus entries for spending a certain amount as all entries must be considered "equal"

Each entry is equal. Some people will just enter multiple times. This is allowed, you can have multiple entry competitions and single entry competitions.
    MinifigsMe
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685

Each entry is equal.

I do hope you're wrong. ;-)
    MatthewcaperberryJosephMinifigsMe
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Payment sent :D
    MinifigsMe
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    Entered....You have my address, right? ;-)
    MinifigsMe
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,746
    Entered!
    MinifigsMe
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Entered!
    MinifigsMe
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    A worthy cause - payment sent.
    MinifigsMe
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,794
    payment sent.
    MinifigsMe
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Payment sent ...
    MinifigsMe
    thanks guys, means a lot to me to have your support
  • RainbowConnectionRainbowConnection Member Posts: 58
    Entered, great idea for a great cause!
    MinifigsMe
    Bump! Just a few days left...Thanks to all that have entered so far
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 444
    Caroline,

A worthy cause. I am in, payment sent.

Mark
    MinifigsMe
    Just a reminder that this finishes, today, I'll do the draw at 9.30 GMT. Thanks x
    edited March 2013
    Ok, let's try this again! Sorry I fell asleep!!

Thank you for all the entries! We've raised £105 for St Lukes, I'm so very grateful to you all for your support and kind messages.

I've put all the names in spreadsheet and given each entry a number. I now need someone to pick a number between 1 and 145 please...
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    OOoh just seen this, am I too late to buy a ticket?
    Please add 5 tickets to what I owe you (or do you owe me? anyway, that reminds me we need to sort it so lets settle up soon!)
    £110 for St Lukes!
    Si - I've added you to the spread sheet, please pick a number between 1 and 153 (names are randomised btw!!!)
    PS I sent the money over, but now you owe me coz of the BP!
    edited March 2013
    I went to http://www.random.org/ and put in 'random number between 1 and 153' and it came up with '70'. Hope its not me who wins or it'll look well dodgy!

(by the way I just paid you what I owe you, cheers)
    Cheers Si (on both counts)

Well looking at the spread sheet that makes the winner @legoboy! Congrats! Let me know what custom you fancy and I'll get your keychain to you shortly!

And thank you all once again for supporting me and St Lukes. It's been a rough few weeks, I miss my Dad all the time (a few of you even met him and know hat a top bloke he was). But doing things to help others in need of pallative care is a tiny thing I can do for now. So thank you.

Caroline xxx
    rocaosidersdd
    edited March 2013
    You're joking! Can I change that number please?
    How about 42? 126? maybe 144?. How about 12?

Anyway the real winner is St Lukes so congrats on raising the money, it was a lovely thing to do.
    MinifigsMe
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    FIX !! ;-)
    MinifigsMe
    No way!
    MinifigsMe
    Didn't Legoboy say something about his being a donation, and that he didn't want to enter? Sure I remember that.
    SirKevbagsMinifigsMe
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    edited March 2013
    Doesn't he have a keyring already... I'm sure he'd like to donate it back for a second round ;o)
    MinifigsMecollect_that
    NO WAY! It's ME??????

@Kevbags has been winding me up by sms all morning, telling me how I'm "going to puke" when I find out who the winner was - not having wifi or 3G signal. Back in the land of technology now - Big Trouble for Little Kev!

Urm, well, since I am clearly not a 'valued VIP', I've been slaughtering my goats (as I do) in hope that I might be blessed. Seems it worked so no more jokes about me and my goats! Winning the keychain like this means far more than receiving one from LEGO, so thank you.

Desperately trying to think of a customised figure. Would have to be of me of course, but I'm not sure Caz and Nick have enough free time for all of the customisation required - do they even do pot-bellied torsos?

Well done to Caz and everybody that helped raise funds for the hospice that looked after her Dad. Only a third of the funds required by the hospice to operate are provided by the NHS so fundraising like this is crucial.

Well done Caz.
    MinifigsMelegoprods
    Congrats James. I swear it was all above board, that's why I asked someone on here to pick the number. (and the spreadsheet was last saved before that time - if anyone is particularly wanting to dispute the outcome - @Kevbags, this doesn't include you!)

Nah,no potbellies, though could do something like the sumo guy ;-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,199
    The sumo guy's torso with the swimmer's or lifeguard's legs is a nice combination =fat guy in speedos.
    MinifigsMe
    just use bombur's beard, it comes complete with belly
    MinifigsMe
    So James has to grow a beard so his fig matches!?! Wonder if that will work for our other customers!
    MatthewJenni
    Just the beard or a further 200lbs too? Potbelly I said, not hippo!! :-)
    Si_UKNZMinifigsMe