Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Legoland Billund

I'm going to Legoland Billund this july and just wondering if they are still selling old lego technic from 2005 up to 2011. I'm planning to buy Lego technic 8258 IF they are still available. Any info will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,457
    Haven't been recently but I'd be very surprised if they are...
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 506
    Me and my wife were there last August. On the Lego front, they only had "current" stock i.e. sets that were out at the time and a handful that were recently eol.

IIRC there were some Atlantis, PoP and Alien Conquest still on the shelves that were no longer in production at the time. Some of these were reduced.

Although I must say - Technic isn't my thing, I don't own any sets, but I would think it would be the same. The Technic was in a corner of the main shop. I didn't see anything unusual or old.

I was a little disappointed with the selection. I suppose I expected more than just the same sets that were in the shops in the U.K. at the time. It seemed to me that their policy was to stock only current stuff and get rid of any older stock ASAP. There was an outlet store which could be good to try. It had reduced stock, from the looks of it either surplus or damaged.

Hope this has been helpful,

Bob.
  • leksivalenleksivalen Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    @Bobjack... was this outlet store just near the legoland? Was the price at legoland same as the price that you can get from other store?
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 506
    @leksivalen

Both stores were inside the Legoland park.

The prices in the main store seemed the same as normal Danish prices i.e. Danish RRP, except the stuff on sale which was reduced. The couple of sets that were on sale (about 10) had 10-30% off. There were lots of magnets and keyrings at 20-50% off.

The outlet store looked temporary - maybe it is only there at the end of the summer season? It definitely didn't look like a permanent store - the stock was mainly in large cardboard "bins" on pallets around the walls and in the middle of the floor. It was mostly bulk lots of the same stuff that was on sale in the main store and some clothing & accessories. The best things on offer in here were bashed boxes, they were mostly large sets - modulars, death stars and imperial shuttles. They had 10-20% off.

Bob.

Thanks Bob
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    @leksivalen

Do not expect to find good deals there.
    Danish prices are 20% above normal european prices, and hardly any discount at the lego store (you cannot even use your vip card) as the store not owned by Lego itself.

and regarding the 8258, It was definitely not in store a few months ago when I was there....
    @supersympa

Thanks a lot for the info.