Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Games workshop accused of being too protective of "Space Marines" trademark

plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21380003
I saw this on the BBC and thought I would share it, as the Cuusoo project "Space Marines" (Now "Space Troopers", I think) was briefly embroiled with this same issue. It is not mentioned in the article itself, but I wonder whether it had a part in this whole thing...

Comments

• RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,768
    The article does have a point. How far can they push their claim to the name in regards to Space Marine as it has been about for many years before Warhammer. But at the same time say "space marine" and that's who i think of.
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    It really is going OTT, just like Apple, the thing is, surely James Cameron should sue them for using Space Marines.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    ^Aliens Marines are Colonial Marines not Space Marines.
  • ArdalisArdalis Member Posts: 37
    Workshop would try trademark space if they could, don't mind the marine part.