Lego 7848 Toys r Us City Truck

LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
edited June 2011 in Collecting
Is it well worth it to buy this set? I heard from my friend that this set is Limited Edition.

I'm planning a trip out to toys r us to purchase Log Cabin or Lighthouse Island tomorrow, I would love to pick up 7848 too. If the store had Cargo train set I would have grabbed that.

The Toys r Us store here really sucks. They have limited selections on Lego sets. I'm disappointed in them though. I even asked an employee if they had Lego PoTC video game with the Jack Sparrow minifig polybag, the employee misunderstood me and said no, the PoTC 4 movie isn't in theaters yet. This was a month ago to my chargin. To be frankly I'm losing interest in Toys r Us. Most of my Lego purchases is now through either Wal-mart or Target. They have the Lego Cars sets but no PoTC. I wounded up buying from Target which means they're better suited due to getting in new Lego sets more earlier and often than Toys r Us!

Thought I'd like to hear feedback from those who already have Lego 7848 set. How is the build of this set?

Comments

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Please note that your originating post is really all over the place. And you can probably glean the input you're after just by reading the reviews of the set at Brickset. I for one think it's a must have for City collectors.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    @Legorunner: The 7848 is a must have set. It's not only unique, but' "you'll be kicking yourself if you don't pick it up."
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    How much does it sell for over in the US? I would buy one but I can't bring myself to pay the $60 asking price.
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    i bought it when it was first release for $35, TRU has since raised the price to $50!!
  • LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
    @yellowcastle - Yeah, I realize that. Sorry, I really had to vent out my frustrations with Toys r Us for not having those Lego sets I'm looking for. I work at the mall for one of the stores in the warehouse dept. I usually stop by to check two times a week.

@ThisIsMyCup - Really? It was at that price? I see its 49.99 now. Still decent price to me.

@1265 - I'll definitely buy the 7848. Thanks.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    Well You may be able to get the TRU truck for BOGO as well or mix and match..
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,128
    if you just like the truck, 3221 is the exact same model, only different colors, and it sells for $35 and is non-exclusive. Obviously if you want the TRU logoing and the false storefront, then 7848 is the way to go.
  • thewerewithalthewerewithal Member Posts: 28
    I see no problem with this post...

I don't really care for the 7848.. just get the 3221... great build, better color scheme.
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    I grabbed two earlier this year on the BOGO sale...made the higher price a bit more palatable...