Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

5-Year-Old Faces Suspension Over Lego Gun

maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 845
Just seen this:
5-Year-Old Faces Suspension Over Lego Gun

"Guns are a hugely sensitive issue right now, but one has to wonder whether or not some school officials are going a bit overboard. One 5-year-old Massachusetts boy is facing suspension for building a Lego gun during an after school program."

http://www.inquisitr.com/500997/5-year-old-faces-suspension-over-lego-gun/
What do you think about this? Discuss.

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    I think gun education should start early when that sort of thing happens, but not suspension. But that is a rather well formed and complicated gun out of LEGO for a 5 year old to create so the scary part there is that in order to reproduce something that well he must have some frequent exposure to guns. Child protective services may want to visit that child's house.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    I don't really like any thread on here to have a chance of moving in to a gun discussion. I think for that reason early closure might be best.
    plasmodiumdougts
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,689
    I'm struggling to believe that a 5-year old built that gun, at an after school club or indeed anywhere. And even if they were capable of doing it, what kind of after-school club for 5 year olds is going to provide a selection of bricks to allow a fairly realistic gun to be built in just 2 colours (OK - three including the grey Tehcnic elements). Most likely it's just ANY picture of a LEGO gun that they've used to illustrate the story and thus mislead the readers. So typical rubbish journalism, basically.

• mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    edited January 2013

So typical rubbish journalism, basically.

Many of these "you couldn't make it up!" stories seem to be highly distorted version of something else and so there's little point discussing it without a clear idea of the facts.

But in any case, a LEGO forum isn't the place to have any thread slide into a discussion of gun control. There's the rest of the Internet for that.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    I think all that can be said has been said here...
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.