Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Creating 1x1 candles

Hi all

I want to create something that looks vaguely like a candle, to fit in a 1x1 space on a lego scene I am creating, was looking for ideas...

The best I have right now is a 1x1 nose cone, with a yellow/orange piece on top, but I'm not very happy with this.

Can you get actual candle flames anywhere? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,271
    bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=53451 This piece in yellow could possibly work as a candle flame. Although it isn't translucent like the other "flame" pieces.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,704
    I've seen people use technic pins (though rare in white) http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4274 as candles, and minifig hands as flames as well as plumes http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=64647.
    If you're not opposed to 3rd party parts, brickwarriors do a stick of dynamite in white that doubles as a candle.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 2,052
    ^That plume makes it on hell of a flammable candle
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,178
    The friends lipstick maybe.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    @andhe, oh I haven't thought of using the BW dynamite as a candle! What a great idea! I will include them in my next order!...(c:
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    edited January 2013
    PotC wine bottle for the candle holder, white 'wand' for the candle itself (the short one would be better, but I don't know if they do it in white), and a trans-orange cone inverted and impaled on the white 'wand'. Very a la Italian restaurant if you ask me.

(Alternatively, you could just stick a flame thingy into the bottle. But only if it's normal for you to burn Molotov cocktails at the dinner table)
    edited January 2013
    And here's one I made earlier (please excuse the LDD). The bottle is in gold because trans-grey doesn't show up well with these graphics.
  • whatsinanamewhatsinaname Member Posts: 17
    Will something like this work?

I like that, but use cut hose or flexible tubing instead of the claw.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,271

The middle one is the closest to a candle that I could have thought of. The claw looks like a flame in a slight breeze and is decently proportional to the candle. Those are basically what I was thinking when I suggested the claw piece.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,979

I like that, but use cut hose or flexible tubing instead of the claw.
    Another suggestion: I have seen some instances where minifig levers (without the base) are used as flames for a candle, or (with the base) as the candles themselves. That might be worth trying out.
    edited January 2013
    ^Minifig levers? Sorry if I'm being stupid, but what piece exactly do you mean by that?
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    edited January 2013
    edited January 2013
    ColoradoBricks
    ColoradoBricks