Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] TRU 6/8 - 6/9: BOGO50% City & Duplo

jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
edited June 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada

BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF
ALL LEGO City and DUPLO construction sets
Reg. 3.99 - 179.99 ea.
Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to the lowest priced item purchased.
Flyer (PDF)
Don't forget this is going on too: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/906/us-tru-68-only-rewards-members-save-20-on-any-item#Item_10

Comments

• teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 961
    Ahh yes, time to pick up the 7939 Cargo Train....
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    me too teal
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,510
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the heads up jwsmart!!!
    Thinking about the passenger train (I have plenty of cargo trains)
    Although I think I will get a pair of the City Harbour sets
    it appears they don't have the Police Station coded as part of the sales, which must be an oversight given that both trains, the airport, and all the other higher-priced city sets are included.

Unfortunate, since that is what my daughter wants for her upcoming birthday
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    Were you at the store? Did you ask someone at customer service about it? (Or call the phone number if you were shopping online?)
    it was online - I"m west coast, so store doesn't open for 2 more hours. I went ahead and ordered 2 cargo trains online. I might go in to the store later and see if i can get the police station on the deal
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    It's probably worth a shot - at one point, there was a 10% off all LEGO sale, and I was picking up the collectable minifigures. They were marked as qualifying for the sale in store, but not online (and they only had a couple in the store). They ordered them from the web site, got my 10% off, and waived the shipping fee.

So, if you ask, they can probably help you out.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    I noticed that too about the police station. It may still apply at checkout though. Either way, i would hink this issue is online only and would work fine instore.
    nightmare so far. i checked out 5 hours ago using in-store pickup, and have yet to receive my ready for pickup email. Called the store directly, they have no record of my order, even after I gave them the order number. The lady set aside the 2 sets for me, but unless I can prove I paid for them, she won't give them to me. Recommended I call 1-800-toys-r-us, which was no help. their automated line tells me my order is in process, but no more than that, and there appears to be no mechanism for getting an actual person to talk to.

Yech.
    customer non-service says there is something wrong, but can't tell me what or how long it might take to resolve.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    ^ sorry to hear; I hope they get it sorted out. I suppose not having the in-store pickup option in my area is TRU really just being merciful :P
    yeah. i was gonna just go with free shipping option, but got greedy and didn't want to wait. my mistake obviously...
    got my order resolved. not sure if it was my calling non-service, or the fact that the local store employee followed up so diligently on my order, but shortly thereafter, something nudged the order along.

I also was able to pickup the police station and airport, and can report the police station rang up automatically as included on the deal, so it appears this problem was online only.