Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Toy Fair 2013 news

bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
Here is what we know so far thanks to Barry our contributor at Brick Fanatics:

I was shown round the Toy Booth at 11:30 am here is what I seen, currently brief bullet points and will update later, in the mean time here are some photos from the toy fair for you. Right so I am walking round the show with the PR guy who makes sure we don’t take photos, the first section was City we got to see sets that tie in with the undercover game and also new summer sets including

60022 - Cargo Terminal is on display and is green and white and will be priced at £69.99
60014 – Coast Guard Patrol £34.99
The new Coastguard sets are on display, all are still orange and white I have mentioned one above and will give details of the others later. One of the sets includes a white shark.

I then moved onto Ninjago that had the latest wave the interesting point was LEGO has seen 114% growth compared to previous sales on Atlantis. Next stop was Hero Factory, everything is aimed at the Brian Attack games and apps. Set details:

44008 – SURGE £9.99
44009 – DRAGON BOLT £17.99
44010 – STORMER -£9.99
44011 - FROST BEAST £9.99
44012 - EVO £7.99
44013 - AQUAGON £7.99
44014 - JET ROCKA £24.99
Then it was onto Star Wars and there was the Jabba’s Sail Barge and Republic Gunship will give details on that later, plus this years advent calendar will include and exclusive Jango Fett and most sets this year will be focused on the the Yoda Chronicles but will see a lot of minifigs we have seen before with new prints like Count Dooku . Star Wars Sets:

75015 – Corporate Alliance Tank Droid £19.99
75022 - Mandalorian Speeder £24.99
75016 -Homing Spider Droid £29.99
75017 - Duel on Geonosis £39.99
75018 - Jek 14’s Stealth Starfighter £59.99
75019 - AT-TE £79.99
75020 - Jabba’s Sail Barge £99.99
75021 - Republic Gunship £109.99
75023 - Advent Calendar £24.99
I then was taken through to Technic and then onto Super Heros, here is the good stuff:

76002 – Metropolis Showdown includes Superman
76003 – Superman battle of smallville includes a general, Col. Hardy, Superman, Faora and 1 more
76006 - Ironman Extremist battle includes Ironman, War Machine and 1 more
79007 - Ironman Mabul Mansion Attact includes Tony Starkj,Ironman mk42, Pepper Potts, Manderain and pale green bad guy we were not allowed to know name of.
76008 - No set name but it includes a minifig called Ironman Heartbreaker
76009 - No set name includes Superman and Lois Lane
To carry on details Castle will feature a red and black foe with dragons against blue and gray heros with lion symbol, will be 5 sets out in August. Will give you official set names and numbers later. To launch there will be a large event at Warwick Castle including a Treasure Hunt. Set details:

70400 Forest ambush £7.99
70401 Horse carriage getaway £17.99
70402 Gatehouse raid £24.99
70403 Dragon peak £34.99
70404 Kings castle £79.99
The Lord of the Rings stuff was all preliminary so no idea if the Orcs will have new prints or if there is a new sword. The pirate ship is the main one. One set will have an eye of sauron which will be a print on a minifig head. More details on sets later.

79005 – The Wizard Battle £11.99
79006 – The Council of Elrond £29.99
79007 – Battle at the Black Gate £59.99
79008 – Pirate Ship Ambush £89.99
Series 10 of the Collectable Minifigs will be gold and in the series will be 8 golden minifigs hidden to find, expect this series to be massive.

Legends of Chima, the summer waves will see the gorillas including a female one, again more details later. There was also showed us the Ultrabuilds. Set details:

Speedorz

70107 - Skunk Attack £9.99
70108 - Royal Roost £9.99
70109 - Whirling Vines £9.99
70110 - Tower Target £9.99
70111 - Swamp Jump £9.99
70112 - Croc Chomp £9.99
70114 - Sky Joust Speedorz Starter £14.99
Ultrabuilds Figures

70200 - CHI Laval £10.99
70201 - CHI Eris £10.99
70202 - CHI Gorzan £10.99
70203 - CHI Cragger £10.99
70204 - CHI Worriz £10.99
70205 - CHI Razar £10.99
Regular Sets

70007 – Eglor’s Twin Bike £19.99
70008 - Gorzan’s Gorilla Striker £49.99
70009 - Worriz’ Combat Lair £59.99
70010 - The Lion CHI Temple £99.99
Friends series 3 as we reported features a deer a bird and a golden retriever . The new summer sets includes 41015 Dolphin Cruiser and includes 3 minifigs 1 is a boy and dolphins, there was also a school house. Set details:

41009 – Andrea’s Bedroom £9.99
41010 - Olivia’s Beach Buggy £9.99
41013 - Emma’s Sports Car £12.99
41006 -Downtown Bakery £24.99
41005 - Heartlake High £49.99
41015 - Dolphin Cruiser £59.99
41023 - Fawn’s Forest £2.99
41024 - Parrot’s Perch £2.99
41025 - Puppy’s Playhouse £2.99
41016 - Advent Calendar £19.99
Lone Ranger sets are out in July and there will be 6 sets and all except one include both the Lone Ranger and Tonto. Set details:

79106 - Cavalry builder set £11.99
79107 – Commanche camp £19.99
79108 - Stagecoach escape £29.99
79109 - Colbert city showdown £39.99
79110 - Silver mine shoot out £69.99
79111 – Constitution train chase£79.99
LEGO Games this year include

50003 – Batman game comes with 8 micro figs including Batgirl and will be priced at £19.99
50004 - Story Mixer
50006 - Legends of Chima with Mirco figs priced at £14.99
LEGO Galaxy Squad summer sets include:

70706 – Crater Creeper £17.99
70707 – CLS-89 Eradicator Mech £34.99
70708 – Hive Crawler £49.99
70709 – Galactic Titan £79.99

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/toy-fair-report/
mressinSupersympaPoochyrocaoGothamConstructionCo

Comments

• BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    Wow, hoping there are pictures to come for all these.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,720
    Some great sounding Superhero sets, and hopefully at reasonable price points for the various 'hero' figs by the looks of things.

Liking the sound of the new friends deer, hopefully not too cartoony...

The idea of 8 golden minifigs in series 10 is interesting... and expect people to just buy crate loads then return/resell once they've felt through them all. But 8 in an entire production run sounds pretty low.

Batman microfigs!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,565
    > Series 10 of the Collectable Minifigs will be gold and in the series will be 8 golden minifigs hidden to find, expect this series to be massive.

Does this mean that there are 8 (real) gold ones worldwide, or that 8 of the 16 minifigs are golden plastic?
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    I assume from what Barry said it will be 8 golden minifigs worldwide
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 683
    Hidden golden minifigs for Series 10?!?! Sounds intriguing... wonder if there will be any planned distribution (like 1 x per box) or if they will be totally random across the whole wave...?
    If there is only 8 I think it is safe to say it will be random
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    edited January 2013
    That kind of makes no sense at all... any metal minifigure would be significantly heavier than usual, especially if it's made of gold. You'd feel it due to its pure weight the second you lift the bag.

I don't doubt the data above, but our interpretation. That doesn't sound quite plausible to me.

[Edit: I just changed wording a bit... :)]
    It never said it was made out of gold, I it said it be gold which from my understanding is gold colour, I am sure it will become clear shortly
    andhe
    ^unless its not gold but chromed like the c3po's, but then there were more than 8 of them.

I'd rather wait til we have some firm facts rather than fill up a thread with conjecture :D

Iron man sets sound good. Good selection of figures and looks like the iron man/war machine set might be reasonable (10-20 price point).
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited January 2013
    No, conjecture is much more fun. ;)

If they're only chromed or just gold colour then why only 8? why not 8,000? If there's only 8 its got to be something special otherwise why bother and tbh TLG will look a bit stupid. But at the same time the practical issues of a 'gold' minifig in a cmf packet is asking for all kinds of trouble - returns, endless feeling etc (although with only 8 worldwide I can't see it being senible to try to find one, although no doubt people would).

I could see the marketing potential of endless footage of kids feeling packets of lego to get the golden minifig - would be like Willie Wonker for real. Endless footage of balding, slightly overweight, middle aged men fondling kids toys to score £10,000 wouldn't look so good though.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,692
    Seems like it would drive sales more if the golden figs were 1:200 or 1:500 or something along those lines. (if chrome gold plating of course, no way with real gold). Then it would be a lot more tempting to buy more in hopes of scoring a gold one if you knew it was somewhat possible. How many people would bother if there were only 8 in the world?
    just txted Barry and he said The PR woman said she would email him with regards to full details about this.
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 150
    I can't imagine they would be made out of gold, but if they are, I'm guessing it would be done with a redemtion ticket of some sort.
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    @bricksan Thanks for all the info and details. Curious what it will be in the end. :)
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,251
    Did anyone else see the exclusive Jango Fett and have their heart skip a beat?

@bricksan is it exclusive to the calendar, or am I reading the fine print incorrectly?

I could see the marketing potential of endless footage of kids feeling packets of lego to get the golden minifig - would be like Willie Wonker for real. Endless footage of balding, slightly overweight, middle aged men fondling kids toys to score £10,000 wouldn't look so good though.

Maybe they could just use redemption by using some distinctive printing on a minifig but including all the regular parts in the pack - no weight difference, no feeling possible. And you would need to open the packet to find out. So that would mean no hoarding of sealed CMFs if you wanted the gold one.

Castle, superheroes, LOTR (ok, not much new here) and Lone Ranger all sound good.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,692
    Do any comicbook fans here know who a pale-green Iron Man foe would be?
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    gold figure, trip to LEGOland and the exclusive factory tour?
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,281
    It wouldn't surprise me if the 'gold minifigs' were in the vein of Willy Wonka. I.e. it's not just that you've found a minifig that's gold coloured, but that it represents something. A winning ticket, if you will.

A visit to a Lego factory? Win your weight in Lego? 10 new Lego sets a year for life? A factory sealed UCS MF that they've been hanging on to...?

As someone pointed out - it's all pure speculation, but the fact that it (subject to confirmation) will only be 8 packs out of an entire global run makes me think it's something a little more special than just a gold painted minifig.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.
    edited January 2013

^ Titanium man?
    edited January 2013
    Radioactive man? (no, not THAT one) A chinese scientist, that would tie-in with the films chinese plots.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    Series 10 of the Collectable Minifigs will be gold and in the series will be 8 golden minifigs hidden to find, expect this series to be massive.
    Sounds like lego's taking the trading item route down the rare item path. This is not a good idea at all. Lego needs to stand out from the mystery bags out there not blend in.
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237

Nauseous Man.

Bumblepants
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    Sail Barge £99.99? I'm not buying that for that price, it's not worth that much.

Golden figures? I'm guessing it might be more then 8.
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 211
    edited January 2013

Yup... That would be Mandarin. Already confirmed to be the main(?) villain for Spiderman 3 (played by Ben Kingsley).
    Nevermind... I should have been reading more attentively.

edited January 2013

OP mentions ... 79007 - Ironman Mabul Mansion Attact includes Tony Starkj,Ironman mk42, Pepper Potts, Manderain and pale green bad guy we were not allowed to know name of.

Sounds like lego's taking the trading item route down the rare item path. This is not a good idea at all. Lego needs to stand out from the mystery bags out there not blend in.

Agreed, I'm guessing this idea will have LEGO very rich.

Sail Barge £99.99? I'm not buying that for that price, it's not worth that much.

Agreed. Judging by the prelim leaked photo, something is not adding up here...
    The only way I would pay that much if it had Chrome threepio in or a very big ship, 1000+
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,052
    I am actually excited for pics of the castle theme. A. we have not had something new for a line in a while. Yes, kingdoms joust, but that stands out on its own.. and B. I am interested to see if these sets are aimed at a more kid friendly environment or the public as a whole. I assume with a large castle based on name and price that this will be more for the gretaer public and for that reason I cannot wait to get them all when they come out.
    So will we get pictures soon? I want to see if the Sail Barge is worth that much
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ Same for the gunship. I missed out on the last one, and am eagerly looking forward to this new release. However, at that price, I don't think I can afford more than one (and a fleet of just one would look really sad).
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    I am betting that the sail barge would be 800-1000 pieces if not more going on the fact's that the last set was 781 and it seems that (most times) with every new set they up the detail and therefore piece count a couple of hundred pieces. Also, if its £99.99 i guarantee you it will be AUD$199.99 which is even more of a blow to your wallet! But then again that most probably means it will be USD$109.99 -119.99 which i can live with.. even with the extra postage.
  • ArdalisArdalis Member Posts: 37
    No Technic info? would be nice if you had some info on the summer Technic sets please.
    So are these the prices that are confirmed for defo? I understand big sets like Jabba's palace as you can add on the pit, but wit the Barge, there is nothing, and only 4 or 5 figures in is disgusting, I might give up on SW Lego at that price
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    Also, on the CMF S10 i see that as being there will be 16 regular to collect but then there will be a "special" set of 8 so everyone who collects will no longer be able to just "feel" whats in the bag.. Smart move by Lego.
  • JamesJTJamesJT Member Posts: 440
    edited January 2013
    bricksan said:

I then was taken through to Technic and then onto...

Excellent report but way too much info on technic.

rocao
    mrtonytj said:

I am betting that the sail barge would be 800-1000 pieces if not more going on the fact's that the last set was 781 and it seems that (most times) with every new set they up the detail and therefore piece count a couple of hundred pieces.

Only problem is that the prelim leaked photo made Jabba's Barge look to be 300ish pieces and substaintaly less detailed than the last version. I guess the price gives me hope that the leaked image is nothing like what's going to be released.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 818
    Is their a price for the superheroes sets?
    (Thanks for the news) :-)
    There is price for super heros and also technic news as well will post an update later.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 784
    mrtonytj said:

Also, on the CMF S10 i see that as being there will be 16 regular to collect but then there will be a "special" set of 8 so everyone who collects will no longer be able to just "feel" whats in the bag.. Smart move by Lego.

Even if this is true, people will probably feel even more than ever now to get the 'chaser' figs.
    The 'gold' ones might be easy to find, if it's proper gold, it's heavier, if it's chrome, IMO chrome figures are smoother then normals
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,301
    mrtonytj said:

I dunno about how 'smart' this is.
    People are already getting frustrated with these, especially only have 2 or each rare in the boxes now. Adding in 8 chase figs globally does not make much sense IMO.
    Especially if the figures are not identical to a figure already in the set, and even if they are, who cars? if it is really 8 figures total through out the world then you are going to have people ripping bags open outright to find them.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,251

mrtonytj said:

if it is really 8 figures total through out the world then you are going to have people ripping bags open outright to find them.
    Which, it would seem, is what LEGO wants. More bags open equals more profit for LEGO.

I never been a fan of CMF collecting, but it's a darn right shame if this ruins the fun of it all for everyone else.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 818
    bricksan said:

There is price for super heros and also technic news as well will post an update later.

Cheers :-)
    (I think the Lone Ranger sets are quite reasonably priced)

• GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Source http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2013/01/22/lego-toyfair-2013-iron-man-3-man-of-steel-the-lone-ranger

Iron Man 3
    Three new LEGO sets will be available to coincide with the films release, set numbers are 76006, 76007 and 76008. Set No. 76007 is Tony Stark’s Malibu Mansion (the given set name is 76007 Malibu Mansion Attack), which includes minifigures of Tony Stark, Iron Man, The Mandarin, Pepper Potts, Aldrich Killian (if I remember correctly) and an un-named figure which looks to have veins on his face… Set No. 76006 is a small set featuring a boat which is apparently a key scene in the film – this is the set with the rumoured “Iron Man Extremis” title. The final set in LEGO’s Iron Man 3 range is 76008 Iron Man vs. Mandarin, which will feature an exclusive Iron Man minifigure in a suit you won’t find anywhere else.
    Man of Steel
    The set numbers and titles for these sets are as rumoured: 76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown, 76003 Superman Battle of Smallville and 76009 Superman Black Zero Escape. Minifigures featured in the sets include Superman, Zod, Faora, Tor-An and a General Zod figure variant in some kind of armour. The standout piece in the range is in set 76009 – a large spaceship with an almost “bug”-like appearance…
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Aldrich Killian is a scientist in the Marvel Comics universe.
    The character, created by Warren Ellis and Adi Granov, first appeared in Iron Man vol. 4, #1 (January 2005).
    Within the context of the stories, Killian is a scientist who developed the Extremis virus alongside Maya Hansen. He steals a sample of the virus and sells it to domestic terrorists, but, unable to cope with the guilt, he confesses in a note and shoots himself.[8] However, Iron Man later discover that Maya had a hand in selling Extremis to the domestic terrorists.[9]
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,406
    With the series 10. Unfortunately there will be plenty of people just ripping the bags open to see whats inside and just throwing them back in the bin causing a lot of spoiled product.
    according to Huw, there is one in each box, which is slighty easier then 8 worldwide