Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

For Sale:10 x New, sealed 10212 Imperial Shuttles. £2100 for the job lot

BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
For Sale:10 x New and sealed 10212 Imperial Shuttles. £2100 for the job lot
Cash on collection only. Need a quick sale to raise funds for other projects.
Good long term investment opportunity. Pm me.

Comments

• BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    Based North West UK
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    Condition of boxes?
    tom4086 said:

Condition of boxes?

I wouldnt class them all as being mint, but generally pretty good. I might be best taking some pictures
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,360
    Where in NW ?
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    Wow that is reasonably expensive? The way i work that out, it comes to almost AUD$3200? Thats AUD$320 each? Which is more than what they are going for on amazon.com still at the moment..
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    edited January 2013
    They're being sold for collection. That means that the attractiveness of their price needs to be seen in the context of the UK re-selling market. The price that they're available for at Amazon.com isn't particularly relevant because of the additional costs that would be required to get them into the UK.
    @roxio PM'd you

Ive had an enquiry relating to splitting and I would be will to do this if I have enough wanting to buy smaller quantities. I could also sell 5 for £1100.
    @mrtonytj Import duties would bump up the price on Amazon.com and it should still work out cheaper getting them from myself, plus it takes away the risk element of getting crushed boxes,
    I think they are worth the price based on current UK asking/selling prices and for those wanting to sell in say 2 or 3 years time. Purely my opinion of course.
    Fair enough.. I am slowly realizing that we don't have it as bad as you do in the UK! At least we are now able to buy at U.S prices with no import duty, taxes etc..
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,831
    Just as an aside, I'm still keen to see what the 80 of them look like before they get split. It must look like a brand store's stock room.
    Legoboy said:

Just as an aside, I'm still keen to see what the 80 of them look like before they get split. It must look like a brand store's stock room.

Will get one sorted :-) I have quite a few tower bridges stacked in front of them at the moment and some smaller sets so need to have a sort out.

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Not a fan of commenting on other people's sale threads, but for the record, it's a very fair price based on the uk market.
    Si_UKNZ
    richo said:

Not a fan of commenting on other people's sale threads, but for the record, it's a very fair price based on the uk market.

Thanks. Im having a cash flow issue at the moment. Baby on the way and I went a little over board on the IS's, so hopefully someone can benefit.

The only reason i commented is because i was thinking about it, then i worked it out and realized that it would be astronomically cheaper to buy from somewhere like amazon.. But then again i am not in the UK market and as you say (after 20 mins of research) that this is quite a fair price in that market. As i said i never knew it was worse to buy lego in the UK then Australia! I thought we had it the worst!
  • JT32JT32 BasingstokeMember Posts: 124
    I might be tempted @Billybrown but I'll need to clear it with SWMBO first. Keep us updated if anyone buys them but i'm based in Manchester if that helps.
    JT32 said:

I might be tempted @Billybrown but I'll need to clear it with SWMBO first. Keep us updated if anyone buys them but i'm based in Manchester if that helps.

Ok will let you know how I get on, Im hopeful of a purchase by next Monday or Tuesday. Im in Manchester at some point this Month for a mini break with the missus (note to myself to keep away from the Lego Arndale store!). But at the moment she isnt too happy as she doesnt like the car cluttering up with Lego and Id have to bribe her with a new handbag!

• Gavin83Gavin83 Member Posts: 251
    mrtonytj said:

The only reason i commented is because i was thinking about it, then i worked it out and realized that it would be astronomically cheaper to buy from somewhere like amazon.. But then again i am not in the UK market and as you say (after 20 mins of research) that this is quite a fair price in that market. As i said i never knew it was worse to buy lego in the UK then Australia! I thought we had it the worst!

I think it depends on the set. The pricing for this one was particularly bad in the UK. However it was available at massive discounts during it's lifetime.

In the current UK market this is a good deal. £210 for a £250 rrp set thats been retired for at least a month now (in the UK at least) is definately worth considering. Were I in the UK at the moment and I had the available money I'd consider it. You simply won't find it anywhere near this price elsewhere.

• LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited January 2013
    I got 2 for 225 each last week from italy which included shipping :), i luckily got them off ebay.it just before the prices went up.
    Sold subject to collection today.
    I now have more 10212's that I need to shift to free up funds.
    Its cash on collection (LA14 land), but willing to split.
    Qty 1 = £240 each
    2-4 = £230 each
    5-8 = £220 each
    9-10 - £210 each.
    PM's please.