Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

McDonalds polybags from the 90s

paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,952
I've got several "basic" polybags that were given away with McDonalds Happy Meals in the early 90s. None of them has a LEGO product number on it, so I can't find any of them on brickset.com.

Question: Are such polybags lurking somewhere in the database? Or indeed, do they even belong on here when there's no product name or number to identify them?

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,446
    Here are all known McDonalds polys

http://www.brickset.com/search/advanced/run/?q=476

paul_merton
  • MarkeyMarkey Member Posts: 69
    They should have a number on them. I've got a few myself.
    I don't have them nearby to check, but I think its near the barcode.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,446
    Some only have the 4-digit number in small black print on the instruction sheet, IIRC.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ that's right Huw, I've handled a few of these recently and can confirm you're correct.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Brings back memories! Hmmm, 1912-1915 are dated 1989, but they came out in 1984, here in the US anyway...
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Huw said:

Here are all known McDonalds polys

http://www.brickset.com/search/advanced/run/?q=476

Looks like you have set 1919 in the db, but not 1918? (Both from 1983 or 84 happy meals).
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,952
    Thanks all - I've identified them from the pictures in @Huw's link. Turns out most of them were actually from the late 90s, not early 90s, and indeed there are no set numbers on the outside of the sealed packets.
  • HemelHemel Member Posts: 33
    coincidentally I just went thru a box of junk in my office and I found a 7919! Not much play value or $ value, but just something interesting to add to my collection!
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,952
    As polybags go, I was surprised how cheap the McDonalds ones can be bought for. I got mine for about £1 each and they're 15 years old...
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    I have two black rubbery wings that say @ 2008 Lego made for McD's, but I don't see a set that uses them. Anyone know?
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,805

I have two black rubbery wings that say @ 2008 Lego made for McD's, but I don't see a set that uses them. Anyone know?

My guess is this, this, this, or this. The first two are more likely because the wings on those are accessories and can be separated from the rest of the toy.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Thank you, it is one of the last two. They appear to use the same wing. Will have to check for additional parts.