Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Found 6754 Family Home at Walmart for 50% off....

teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 961
edited June 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
and the box had some tape on one side, didn't think too much of it until I opened the other side and found the set was NOT unopened. All of the parts were scattered about and I am not sure if it is worth the effort to see if they are all accounted for. Thinking of just returning it and getting my money back. What a bummer!

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    This sounds like it was a return and therefore an isolated case. I'll leave the topic here so people can be on the look out, but I'll sink it since I don't want to mislead people into running out to their local Walmart stores.
  • AETerryAETerry Member Posts: 48
    Yeah, sounds like you got 1) a return with not all of the parts still there (though you still could have all the pieces). Or 2) As I've seen this at a couple of different Wal-Mart stores many a times, I'll come down the toy aisle for LEGO and see a couple boxes for LEGO that have been tampered with and opened. Pieces/Bags will be missing or an outright empty box.

It's obvious there's been shoplifting, but without anyone there, it's nigh impossible to say who did it, just that someone must have.

You need to be careful when grabbing a box to make sure it's still properly sealed and not tampered with like in this case. It sounds very much so like you got an isolated case of a Store thinking they may have still had everything and sealed up the box and marked it 50% off or they got a return that didn't have everything.

You could return it with your reciept and a complaint. Or you could see if all the pieces are accounted for, if you've got anything missing, see if you can call the LEGO Customer Service department for some help and what they say.
  • wander099wander099 Member Posts: 114
    ^ Do you find that it is the same stores every time? I've always found that it is always at the same Zellers store in my area. The strange thing is, no one seems to do anything about it-there is always at least one box open and I have even seen parts scattered clear across the aisle. I'm thinking the same person keeps going back because I never see this in Walmart or the other Zellers I shop at.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 961
    I put the set together and it was only missing 3-4 small parts. I was easily able to replace them using a bulk lot I had purchased cheap on craigslist. This was a Wal Mart that I do not frequent that often, but they had a "clearance table" out front with many toys, including a number of lego sets. The 6754 was the only one that appeared to be tampered with. I assumed that the box was opened, but I figured the bags were still intact. I am still happy with the purchase ($30) for a set that is pretty hard to find now.
  • AETerryAETerry Member Posts: 48
    @wander099 - I'd have to say yes. The one Super Wal-Mart I go to is further away, so I don't know how often a shoplifting theft clearly happens with the LEGOs where a box is opened up and bags pulled out.

The other Wal-Mart I go to, is smaller and right here in my home town. So I know with it, there's very nearly a regular cycle of about one month and it will be just one box (of what's noticable, left behind). With the Collectible Minifigures, I've seen only once multiple polybags tampered with. Whoever it is that does this, must be confident of a schedule and how to be non-chalant. I have had once where my presence detered a group of pre-teen boys from lifting some "mini skateboards" the Deckers, as they were being dumb enough to talk about it outloud when I walked down the aisle looking for something. For toys, I think it's just stupid to be shoplifting those, any brand, any type.

@teal93mr2 - If you're happy with your set and were able to replace the missing pieces from a bulk lot, that sounds good. Then I suppose it's all good if you don't feel a need to contact LEGO's customer service or return the box.