Where are my Amazon alerts?

adn2377adn2377 Bucharest, RomaniaMember Posts: 8
Hi,

I hope I'm not missing anything, but for a few days now (since the site changes) in the news feed I cannot see anymore the Amazon alerts for discounted prices on Lego...

Like it happened before when I wasn't logged in for example. I see only the "regular" site news.

Can you please tell me why or what do I have to do to see them again?

Thank you!

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    I had this problem earlier. All alerts were ticked in my news preferences but I wasn't seeing them. When I clicked to save preferences again, they reappeared.
  • adn2377adn2377 Bucharest, RomaniaMember Posts: 8
    Thank you!

That worked!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    You're welcome :-)
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    I'm not seeing any alerts since 18 Jan - have tried my settings, but to no avail. Have they been turned off, or is there just nothing discounted by 30% (unlikely?)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,257
    edited January 2013
    There's been an issue with the alerts related to some site maintenance work that was done a couple of days back.

I'm assured however that things should be back on track now, so alerts should start to reappear over the next few hours. Assuming there are actually some decent discounts to report, that is....

;-).
  • jonboy2000jonboy2000 Member Posts: 222
    I've not been getting any European Amazon alerts for a while now. They are all ticked in my settings. Can anyone help?
    edited July 2013

I've not been getting any European Amazon alerts for a while now. They are all ticked in my settings. Can anyone help?

Have you tried the fix suggested by LostInTranslation above ?
  • MarkeyMarkey Member Posts: 69
    I wasnt getting the alerts for months. I thought the site had stopped doing them. I had to untick all amazon items, save, them tick them again and save. Now they're back.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    How do you set up the amazon notifications? I'm on an ipad most of the time so may be missing something obvious but can't find them.

Thanks
    edited July 2013

How do you set up the amazon notifications? I'm on an ipad most of the time so may be missing something obvious but can't find them.

Click or touch "Customise the site" at the very top of the Brickset homepage. Once the page loads you'll see a bunch of tick boxes halfway down under the heading "What news topics are you interested in?". Tick the Amazon watches you're interested in and you should start seeing the alerts when they're generated. Remember that an alert will only be generated if a set is newly discounted to 30% off RRP or better since the last refresh 6 hours earlier.