Are you LEGO only or do you collect other toys (or things) as well?

vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,174
edited June 2011 in Collecting
Before I emerged from the dark ages of LEGO, I also started collecting other toys that I enjoyed as a youth in the 80s. Back in 2007, I started collecting toys as an adult. As a result of frequenting toy sections and stores for GI Joes and Transformers, I began to notice LEGOs again.

I continue to collect LEGOs, but continue to support other toylines such GI Joe, Transformes and Marvel Universe. I'm enjoying this new toy renaisance and was wondering if other people out there have a similar obsession with other toys (or things).

Comments

• korkor Member Posts: 392
    I used to collect GI Joe, Vintage Star Wars, and a bunch of other 80's toys but I've sold most of that to help support the Lego addiction.

Other than toys I collect antiques such as old bottles and prehistoric North American artifacts.
  • thewerewithalthewerewithal Member Posts: 28
    Mostly Lego, but I dabble in 80s GI Joe like Kor.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Yea I'm almost all Lego, but once in a while I'll pick up something that catches my eye. Like a couple of the Halo action figures, or other rare/cool looking figures. I try to stay away from most other forms of toys for space consideration.
  • Bluefox1966Bluefox1966 UKMember Posts: 360
    Mostly Lego, but I also have around 2000 looses vintage Star wars Figures and a few of the ships and other memorabilia , A collection of Lord of the rings, Captain Scarlet, Space 1999, Babylon 5 and Alien the movie items.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Just Lego, mountain bikes and mp3s :)
    Wish they all took up as little space as mp3s.
  • thesinisterpenguinthesinisterpenguin Member Posts: 96
    I also collect vinyl art toys (or urban vinyl/designer vinyl toys...whatever you want to call them!) This will give you some idea of the variety! :
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/thesinisterpenguin/sets/72157613682629047/
  • PaulTRPaulTR Member Posts: 115
    I used to be a big model aircraft/tank hobbyist. I've also assembled a few car models as well. I've still got a ton of unopened sets under my bed, but with all my LEGO building going on, I doubt I'll ever get back into my model "groove".

Besides that, I also collect history and military books/magazines.
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    Matchbox and Hot Wheels diecast cars. I don't collect them all, just the ones I like, which are usually ones based on real cars.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Mr Potato Heads, enough said :-D
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^ Hahahaha, that's great! I'd love to see a pic of loads of potato heads.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ They're in storage right now, but i'll sort a picture out after I've moved to my new pad.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,360
    Where to start...
    My main collecting habit for 20 years has been Star Wars figures (Kenner and Hasbro) currently my collection is north of 2000 pieces. But now am beginning the process of selling off the entire collection (with the exception of a few vintage carded figures that i just can't let go) mostly to get a room back in the house but also to part fund the growing Lego purchases and the cost of raising the two young kids i now have. Also playing with Lego with the kids is more enjoyable that looking at figures in a box, so to speak.
    I also have a large(ish) movie collection and a growing amount original studio posters, which are loving hung around the house, which annoys my wife no end, but luckily for me we can't afford what she calls real art to put on the walls so they stay.
    I did have a fair sized M.A.S.K and Transformers collection from back in the day but that was sold off a year or so back to fund more SW purchases.
  • OrthobotrexOrthobotrex Member Posts: 165
    Transformers, Leader class stuff, preferably... Ceased collecting sd gundams.
  • throttleonthrottleon Member Posts: 17
    I must say that my collecting got started in plastic models: Monogram (one of every original release till they were bought out by Mattel), Revell (all the "s" series), Renwal, Tamiya, MPC, Hawk etc. Then it went to 1:43 race cars-at first just kits then diecast to fill in needed gaps (almost 3,000 at last count, mostly F1), then there's the race car print collection (300+), and my guitar collection (50+) and finally with my 9 year old son our Lego collection!

I think I need to call a shrink...