Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Registering 'Pieces' as well as sets owned

mitchperkomitchperko Member Posts: 5
edited January 2013 in Brickset.com
Hi there,

I am new to this site, and very excited that I got in soon enough to register all my almost 2 year olds Duplo sets and keep an eye on them and grow in to building with Lego too in the future.
I do have some random pieces as well as complete sets, that I bought on eBay, and was wondering is there a way to record just a piece. I have looked, but can't seem to say "I own" on just a piece of Duplo, like a spotted dog or extra flower for example.
My apologies if it is simple to do and I have missed the mark.
I only have 8 extra pieces to list somehow on here, but I have more on the way... Just hoping by being able to list parts, it would obviously help when combining sets to build new and exciting things.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2013
    Welcome! To answer your question, I don't think that's possible right now. It's a bit of a pain, but if you really want to keep track of them, you could always create a private bricklink store and add then to it.
    Also, if you miss-categorize a thread, you can just ask the mods to move it instead of creating a new one. :-)
    mitchperko
  • MasterLegoMasterLego Banned Posts: 38
    I just checked for you. You are unable to add pieces to your "own" list. Sorry.
    mitchperko
  • mitchperkomitchperko Member Posts: 5
    Thank you Joseph, for letting me know how to remove a thread LOL... appreciate that :)
    Thanks also MasterLego for your info...
    I might create this bricklink store perhaps... it's not like I have a huge amount, but still, want to stay on top of it, seeing as my boy is only just starting to build his collection :)
    Mods, please remove this... I posted incorrectly, and have since re-posted in another section in forums :)
    Thank you Joseph... I have saved both those discussions for a bit of a read later :) I appreciate your trouble to help :)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    As has been mentioned, at this time, Brickset provides the ability to inventory sets but not individual elements.

The recent addition of the part inventories for newer sets was made possible by some newly provided information from LEGO's service website. While it looks promising, it's far from a comprehensive solution for cataloging every LEGO element.

At this time, the threads provided by Joseph are the best way to inventory your loose elements.
    mitchperko
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,458
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Roland. There are many obstacles that would need to be overcome before parts collections will be able to be logged here, most notably accurate inventories for every set, which isn't going to happen any time soon.

I think other sites like Rebrickable provide the facility, and you can export your collection from here to there to make it easier.

However, I still question the sanity of anyone who wishes to inventory down to every last piece they own so whether I'll ever add it is debatable :-)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,266
    Huw said:

However, I still question the sanity of anyone who wishes to inventory down to every last piece they own so whether I'll ever add it is debatable :-)

Ummm....(shuffles uncomfortably).....isn't it normal ?

;-)

fitzyfitzpeterlinddkplasmodiumOldfan
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,458
    You, if anybody, should know, doc :-)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,266
    Busted.

:-)