Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    I meant to put this in Everything Else Lego, my apologies.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Guess this means another exclusive polybagged minifig that'll cost me a fortune (I'm not a gamer). On the positive side, my nephew loves his Lego games, so he'll be a happy lickle chappy :-)
    andhe
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,352
    edited January 2013
    I very much enjoy the Lego games, the uniquely comic cutscenes are always a treat, so a Marvel game can only be good news and hopefully it will mean a nice new Minifigure (not just a character already produced in a different outfit hopefully). Another member of the X-Men perhaps?
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Awesome, love Lego games. Currently playing through the lotr game which is fantastic. I hope the preorder bonus is not exclusive to Gamestop as they screwed me out of an elrond.
  • hallows81hallows81 Member Posts: 130
    This has made my 2013 to be honest, I am a massive super hero lego and xbox fan so perfect combination. The only thing that could be better would be for a DC V Marvel Lego game but I have more chance winning the Lotto 2 weeks running than that happening.
    TheBrickLadd
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    My son and I enjoy Marvel Ultimate Alliance, most Lego games play that way so this is a must buy for me.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,290
    in the past has Gamespot mailed the pre-order minifig with online orders or is it an in-store only promo?
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    They were mailed out and also handed out at stores with preorders, although quantities were limited and not everyone who preordered was guaranteed one.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    edited January 2013
    Finally.. After LEGO Batman 2 and Marvel Super Hero Squad games, I did not have high hopes for LEGO Marvel games. How did they get around the licensing ?
    I hope they learn from Batman 2 and keep the good parts (ie. open world, original story) and remove / reduce the bad parts (ie. too many characters with cloned/generic powers, weak vilains)

In any case, I am looking forward to playing Magneto and Deadpool LEGO style...
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Awesome news!! Must have... Hoping for an awesome preorder minifig!
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Very exciting. I got the Lex Luthor minifig and the Batman 2 game and love both. I want to know now if they will do a preorder minifig and what it will be! Can't wait!
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    I cant wait for this. Lets hope the do release a new promo minifigure!
  • OakenmoldOakenmold Member Posts: 92
    Has any one noticed the 4 on the floor in the video, which is the Fantastic Four logo? And with the Marvel 4 set thats coming out later in the year, this could be a good indication of a Fantastic Four set. Or Marvel 4 set could be the big four. Thor, Captain America, Hulk and Iron man?
    Looks amazing! I cant wait for this game
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,697
    teamladd said:

I cant wait for this. Lets hope the do release a new promo minifigure!

Maybe Galactacus? I know he should be huge but it does appear that he's the main villain (alongside Loki, so I guess we could see a re-suited Loki...).

The press release mentions "players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe" which will be pretty exciting to see basically every well-known character in minifig form (be it in a video game rather than plastic).

• sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    I wonder if the Silver Surfer will be metallic or pearlescent? Decisions, decisions...it must be hard to be a part of Tt games and be developing all of this stuff all with non-disclosure agreements.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Did anyone notice that the Lego Marvel Video game is on pre-order through Amazon.... I wonder if Game Stop will have a promo that includes an exclusive Marvel minifigure.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=lego+marvel
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    Pre-order on Game Stop also... no mention of exclusive minifigure... yet
    http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-LEGO+Marvel+Super+Heroes

Release date 10/31/13 only 8 months away...