Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Damaged Bricks

thewerewithalthewerewithal Member Posts: 28
edited June 2011 in Building and Techniques
Anyone that has bought in bulk on ebay / garage sales (ebay in particular) knows that you often get some (slightly at times) damaged bricks... anything from bite / pry marks on the edges to bring written on / colored in some manner.

My question is this - if a brick is still usable - how do you incorporate? I'm sitting on a half pound of blues that are all damaged to a small degree... was thinking of using most of them for a seaside scene - perhaps under some translucent blues / whites as water, but I was curious as to what the rest of you do.

I suppose I can always save these for my son to use...

Comments

• brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Put it into a mountain.
  • AETerryAETerry Member Posts: 48
    Considering I've got several pieces like that, I'm considering the ones that are markered on, to see if I can clean them up. My kitten chewed pieces I keep unless they've been royally destroyed. I expect some wear with my LEGO pieces, especially due to age and that I play with them, my daughter plays with them and they're old.

If I get truely bothered by the state of a piece, I will toss it. I am able now with the Internet Age here, to get replacement pieces. Especially if I need it for a particular model/set.

Another consideration, if they're not too bad of shape, is donate them to a school. I've some pieces and sets I've donated to my daughter's preschool, while not what I wanted, were still very playable and usable.