We have "Own" and "Want", how about "For Trade"?

TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
edited January 2013 in Brickset.com
I know that you can mark sets for trade in the ACM, however I don't put any of my trade items in my Brickset "Owned" list, Only those I have and intend to keep. Is anyone else the same?

I was wondering if anyone else would benefit from having a "For Trade" list here on Brickset that sits seperately similar to the "Owned" and "Want" lists, and how easy it would be for Huw to implement?

One thing for sure is that it would save typing out huge "haves" lists out on the marketplace when posting your trade topics.

Sorry if this has been fielded before my very brief search yielded no results other than large "For Trade" lists on the marketplace.
richo

Comments

• SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    I think Huw talked about it a few months ago.

A good idea in my view!
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Seems like a great idea to me. If I'm searching for a set it would be great to see all the users that have that set available to trade. Then I could click on their want list and instantly view the set's I have for trade that's on their wanted list. Boom! Insta trade.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2013
    The ACM idea has been brought up a couple of times; this thread should give you some insite as to the staff's thoughts. http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/893/inter-member-trading-using-acm-data It's a bit old though (and never gave a definitive yes/no answer), so it would be interesting to get an update.
    edited January 2013
    The idea of having a "separate list" (like another checkbox next to own and want) is something I don't remember coming up before. I personally like the ACM data better since 1. it's already implemented and 2. all the sets you actually own are all in one place. But I do agree that if the ACM method for trading is implemented, you would need a way to see just the sets someone had for trade.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    I think this is a great idea.
    edited January 2013
    Sorry for the triple-comment but for those interested, I just did some more looking and found something more recent:
    Huw said:

If you enable the Advanced Collection Manager, http://www.brickset.com/mysets/acm/, then you can mark individual sets as being 'for trade'. However, as of now that data is not made available to others.

It would be relatively easy to add, though, and several suggestions have been made that could go hand in hand with it:

- show me sets that I own that someone else wants
    - show me sets I have marked for trade that someone else wants
    - Show me sets that someone else has marked for trade that I want

I'll see what can be done in the next few weeks :-)

It's from back in February but it does indeed look as if it's got a very good possibility of becoming reality.
    But enough of my speculation, I'll wait for Huw to answer that. :-)
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    edited January 2013
    I'll just tag @Huw here so he sees this...
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,440
    I haven't forgotten about it, but this functionality will be addressed by another project that's underway in due course.
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    Thanks @Huw and @Matthew. My question has been answered so I'm happy if you want to close this thread.