Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] TRU 6/3-6/4: Buy 2 get 3rd set free on select themes

dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
edited June 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just got this in my email - good Friday/Saturday only. Buy 2, get 1 free on the following themes:

DUPLO,
Toy Story,
Prince of Persia,
Hero Factory,
Bionicle

Comments

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    sorry, forgot to set the category. maybe that shouldn't be defaulted?
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    You beat me to this, good thing I checked again to avoid the duplicate post:

Buy 2 get the 3rd free:
    • DUPLO
    • Toy Story
    • Prince of Persia
    • Hero Factory
    • Bionicle
    Save 33%
    • Clone Turbo Tank (about 27% off MSRP)
    • AT-AT Walker (about 27% off MSRP)
    • Limited Edition X-wing Fighter (about 20% off MSRP)
    Source: http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/media/trus/060211_Ds_TRU_Bonus_cpns.pdf

If you're like me, you're still waiting for some sort of sale on AC (all of it), Kingdoms (Mill Village Raid), or Creator (Lighthouse).
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    i missed the 33% deal - good catch. my local TRU had a wide selection of SW sets at 25% off for most of May - T6, turbo tank, AT-AT, Slave 1, etc.

PoP is going on clearance now at a lot of places, so I expect those to be completely off shelves by end of summer, if not sooner.

Like you, I'll wait for a decent sale on City/Kingdoms/Creator. AC doesn't interest me, but it seems popular, so don't hold your breath I suppose. Maybe when the next wave of SW hits you'll get some deals on that line?
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    I'm already salivating for the next BOGO where I can pair up the Mill Raid and Atlantis Temple. :o)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited June 2011
    A buy 2 get the 3rd free sale... nice. We haven't seen one in the US for quite some time, right?

Now if only I cared about those themes. I'm complete x2 with Toy Story and PoP. Heck, my daughter is nearly complete in DUPLO such that finding 3 similarly priced items will be tough :P
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    This is nice! Better than the typical BOGO.
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    edited June 2011
    The good part is that it seems like all the PoP sets are "Eligible for Store Pickup" as are most of the TS sets, which means you can check a store's stock online.

The bad news is the markup. the smallest % markup for PoP is the Battle of Alamut - if you buy 3 of them, it works out to be a 29% discount from MSRP... It's similarly bad for the Toy Story sets. I suppose if you collect Bionicle/Hero Factory, it's a boon.

The only thing I might be interested in is the Toy Story Alien - 3/$8
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,511
    ^--- Is it me or is TRU doing more sales on Friday Saturday than on Sunday for Lego sales.... Is this to try to throw off the die hard buyers or what?
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 961
    @Yellowcastle: I am also waiting for that sale =)
  • dmm32552dmm32552 Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2011
    I'd wish they'd do this for Harry Potter...