Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Pickable Models to continue?

prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
It's January, and I haven't seen an update from Lego on this series. December's Santa is the last one posted. Some of these were cool and some just meh, so I wonder if they are moving on from this?

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Pickable_Models

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,296
    I built a couple of them, but cannot say I was at all impressed. I would never buy them - not when you can put a PAB cup to better use.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Apparently sales (in the UK at least) have been few to none, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they have stopped doing them.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,262
    edited January 2013
    There is no Pickable Model shown on either the January or February US Store Calendars.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    They haven't sold well at all. They would have been a lot better off making sure each wall had the dozen parts for the model each month and a checklist to get them all, then just selling cups and you could take those parts or others and fill the rest with whatever makes you happy.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,296
    My kids like doing the similar models they publish in the back of the lego club magazines. The nice thing there is that there are nice, clear colour instructions that kids can follow. To me, the pickable models were never that professionally done. I only ever saw photocopied instructions. I doubt a regular customer would go to the Lego store and pick one up - they would always tend towards the nicely boxed sets, or the PAB wall.

They were also called pickable models, yet whenever I saw them they were already picked. Doesn't this defeat the object of them - ie. you get to pick out which parts you need from the PAB wall.
  • cynthilinacynthilina Member Posts: 188
    I spoke with the Lego guys in the store today, They were told that Lego is waiting untill March to put out PAB monthly builds again. Apperantly Lego has decided that they needed to add more details to the models and needs time to get it right.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Interesting. Thanks.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    edited January 2013
    If that is the case ("more detail"), it would perhaps make it more interesting if they used it as an opportunity to make available a few different sorts of parts, that might not regularly be available on the Wall.

Guess there is an issue of supplying all the stores with those parts, and then still just the temptation to fill your own cup rather than buy the model, but at least it might encourage people into the stores (I've never been clear who or what market they are trying to sell the pickable models to)