Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Buying from LEGO Brand Stores and shop.lego.com ([email protected])

123457»

Comments

• theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    Technically I got the pirate ship from Smyths but the description on the LEGO store is the one most sites use and was incorrect.
  • talostalos Member Posts: 49
    I have had to contact customer service, here in the US, and have had good service, more or less. I used email to ask about where my VIP Card went, or if it had been sent at all. I was concerned if it had gotten lost in the post. They replied that it had been a while, and I should of received it, so they would send a new one. It arrived about a week later, along with instructions to delete my old user account and start a new one with the new number. However, that didn't quite gel, because I noticed that my number had changed and the existing points were in there. I decided not to follow the instructions and just keep things as they were, and have had no problems with it since. BTW, about one more week later, the original missing card arrived. It was post from Denmark, and must of taken the long boat here! Oh well.

The next issue was with ordering missing parts, I got quick service calling on the phone, but again, bad information from support. They said they were going to cancel my original order for parts and send me a full bag of missing parts (Fire Brigade set) in about a week's time. I would get an email telling me the first order was cancelled. I never got that email, and this week got 2 emails telling me that the first order and the second corrected order were on their way, it going on two weeks now.

I wonder if some of the support people really don't know what is going on... I am still happy with service, because my problems have been addressed. I am curious if anyone else has similar stories to tell.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 945
    TLG's customer service isn't that great in my experience. I don't always receive email confirmation of orders and sometimes I get them a week or so after they're delivered. Their 'contact us' page allows me to contact them in English but they refuse to reply in anything other than French. I could understand if they replied in Dutch because I live in a Flemish region, and the only Belgian Lego store is in a Flemish region also, but it's French every time.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ the one time I called French customer service the person who answered happily spoke English with me. That was a missing Tower of Orthanc that they were easily able to see was a shipping problem and sent a replacement by express mail without giving me any grief. I don't always get email confirmations either.

A few months ago they changed the computer system they use and it was a complete disaster. It could be that the problems Talos is having stem from that. If the computers don't know what's going on the people don't either. I assume the email confirmations are automated too.
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    Has anyone else had issues with viewing their order status on [email protected]? I placed a P-A-B order back on April 1st, but when I went to view the status of my order to check again what pieces I actually ordered, I got a message saying that there were no orders associated with my account. The nice lady in the help department indicated that my order did go through and actually shipped out on the 4th, and even provided a tracking number (which does not work). Is this just a one-off problem, or has anyone else had this happen?
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    Hi,
    I bought two items off [email protected] online yesterday, before the double VIP points ran out. I got an email to say my order was being processed yesterday. Today I got an email to say my order has been shipped...no money has come out of my bank, and I haven't received my VIP points yet.

How long does it take to get the VIP points?
    How many points equate to $?

Thanks
    BF
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    Points should come instantly I think although I haven't done any [email protected] since a lego store opened near me and 100 points = $5 redemption
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    edited April 2014
    Im pretty sure the VIP points go on your account when you get the sales invoice/receipt.
    Thanks. My account says I have no VIP points, even though I made sure I was signed up and it showed the double points all the way through checkout. It says it can take 24hrs for the points to appear in my account, but it's been longer than that now.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,451
    my first VIP order it took about 3 days before the VIP points showed
    Thank you @Shib I have emailed them just in case, I just don't want to miss out on the double points
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    You'll get the points eventually. I've had [email protected] take 2-3 weeks to debit my account. They place a block on the money, lift it after a week then take money another 2 weeks later. Money I could have technically spent elsewhere.
    Pitfall69
    The email I received from Lego said it takes 24hrs from when the order actually gets shipped out from their store. I now have my points, very happy I have money for my next order lol
    Thank you
  • talostalos Member Posts: 49
    I also think the points show up 24 hrs after they ship, and they don't charge until it is shipped, that seems to be the way its worked for me. Also, it seems the more you have purchased in the past, the faster it moves. I had to wait a week the first time I ordered for it to ship, and now it takes just a day. Not sure if its particular to what I am ordering, everything shows as available when I order.
    I read somewhere that when you are a new customer, there is a delay as they are checking you out to make sure you are not some sort of reseller trying to buy a lot. Most things have limits of 2 or 5 per order.