Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Star Wars 7965 Millenium Falcon - Missing bag #6 :-((

mlegocmmlegocm Member Posts: 3
Hello people,
I´m a new member of this forum so please excuse me if my post is in the wrong place.
I bought the set 7965 as a Christmas present for my son, i ordered to ToysRus online fromCchile and it was delivered with no issues apparently.
When opened the box we found that there was two big bags marked #1 that had apparently the same parts (the bag that has the minifigs), this puzzled me but paid no further attention.
Today my son discovered that he needs bag #6 and it was not inside the box therefore somehow the set was wrongly packaged.

As we live in Southamerica I believe the best and fastest way to solve this issue is to order the parts online and hence my questions/request for your kind guidance:

- has anybody ever experienced something like missing bags from a set?
- has anybody experienced duplicate bags in a set?
- how to order the missing parts? and most importantly, from where to order?

hope someone can help us to resolve this issue, needles to say my kid is disapointed at not being able to complete the Millenium Falcon!

Best Regards,
Mlegocm

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    Hi. Welcome to the forum. What you describe would not be an irregular occurance had it not been for the fact you appear to have received two bags containing the valuable pieces - the minifigs. In the collecting world and certainly in this forum, we know only too well to watch out for sets purchased from Toysrus. They can sometimes be purchased, robbed of the figs, returned and put back on the shelf. Sometimes the act takes place right there in the store. However, given you still have the figs, two bags of them, it suggests a legitimate error on LEGO's part - yes, it's not unheard of. The best thing you could do would be to contact LEGO's customer service department by phone and ask for bag 6 to be sent out to you. You'd more than likely get to keep the second bag 1 that way.
  • thelegoguy421thelegoguy421 Banned Posts: 64
    Your second choice is to return the set to Toys R Us, explain what is wrong with it, and they should give you a new one. This problem has happened to me too with a different set I bought from Toys R Us.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    edited December 2012
    ^ One could return it for an exchange but then they wouldn't be able to maintain a clear conscience in keeping the additional bag 1. Although, after the fuel cost and inconvenience in having to travel the nearest store, I guess a complete MF would be achievable.
  • ArdalisArdalis Member Posts: 37
    I would contact Lego directly and explain, there customer service is top notch.
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    ^

Agreed! Ordering the parts would be the last resort. I would approach Lego first and ask for resolution, which they are more than happy to help you out. Just do it online, it's simple and fast.

Good luck
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    I was missing bag #2 from The Mine earlier this year and it was replaced by a duplicate of bag #1. I contacted LEGO about the missing bag and they eventually sent all of the pieces from the missing bag. I did have to call them back about 1 month after first calling to find out that my first request somehow got messed up, but they just created a new request. They also told me to keep the duplicate bag, but I'm not sure that they will tell you to keep the duplicate bag from MF since it is licensed. So give them a call and explain the situation.
  • mlegocmmlegocm Member Posts: 3
    Legoboy, thelegoguy421, Ardalis, Brick_Obsession, HokieJoe99

Thank you very much guys for all your kind replies and wonderful advices.
    I believe that the way to go is contact Lego´s CS first and go from there!

The big issue for me will be that i´m not in the US but abroad, anyhow i will figure out how to resolve it (luckily i use an international mailbox out of Florida).

Thanks again and I will keep you posted.

Regards,
    legofan421