Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

5549 at TRU today

Jillerbean16Jillerbean16 Member Posts: 27
edited June 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
I hadn't seen it with this "classic" packaging before, and I thought some of you might appreciate it. :)

Comments

• 12651265 Member Posts: 946
    That's really cool looking. Love the nostalgic look.
  • pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
    yep, I like it too. Now if they would just start releasing all the old sets :-)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Is the entire box just cardboard?

I was a child in the 80's so I'm most nostalgic about that style of packaging: simple backgrounds so the set model stood out and was really the star, yellow box sides, clean consistent lettering, flip up lids on bigger sets, and alternate models on the box art
  • Jillerbean16Jillerbean16 Member Posts: 27
    The top is plastic.
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    @rocao - My favorite part of the packaging was the flip-up lid. They would showcase some of the more interesting elements, and the minifigures, plus you could use the cardboard & plastic inserts as a quick & easy sorting tray.
    I also loved how the background grid on all the space sets (starting with futuron?) was the same grid, except colored differently for different themes.

Today's boxes are... just boxes. That's fine for me, I don't feel guilty about chucking them.

Anyway, that packaging is great. Hopefully it sells well and they continue to do fun things with the packaging.