Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New sets in LEGO store today

dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
edited June 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
saw these in the Tigard, OR store - just hit the shelves today:

5771 - Creator Hillside House (69.99)
20200 - Master Builder Acadamy Kit 1 (29.99)
4865 - Forbidden Forest
4866 - Knight Bus
4867 - Hogwarts

Comments

• ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    they have the MBA kits in store?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    only the 1st one. 2 through 6 are subscription only
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    ^ was it packaged in a manner that you could examine the contents, or better yet, did you buy one and take a look? I'm interested to hear some initial impressions while I wait for mine to arrive in the mail.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 946
    Does the in-store MBA kit come with a free PAB box?
    ^ I'm answering this off the cuff and this can easily be confirmed or denied by anyone that has just bought this in store, but I remember when I pre-ordered this that the free PaB was mentioned as being offered only with pre-orders.

EDIT: Ok, I decided to not be lazy and searched for the original terms:
    “FREE LEGO® Pick A Brick box offer valid in the US only, redeemable in LEGO Stores only, 05.01.11 – 05.20.11, for US LEGO VIP Members pre-ordering the LEGO Master Builder Academy Series 1 set #20200.”
    edited June 2011
    ^ Thanks for saving me the time. Now, I feel like the lazy one.....ha!! My four sets were shipped today along with the PAB box. Bought more than one for just the PAB box only.
    ^ Did you place all four orders on one invoice or separately? Do you know if your kits are shipping individually or together? Have you seen a shipping charge yet?

I ordered five separately, but was told they wouldn't ship together even if I did order them together. I've only received one shipping confirmation so far, but it didn't have a shipping charge.

^ My initial order was for the first MBA kit 1 and the MBA 2-6 subscription. A day later, I ordered three of the MBA kit 1 sets. Today I received two shipping notifications....one for MBA kit 1 set along with a free PAB box and one for 3 MBA kit 1 kits along with 3 free PAB boxes.
    @rocao

It cannot really be examined no - the box is sealed and doesn't flip open or anything. it's certainly heavy for it's size, which is noticeably unusable for LEGO. They did have a copy of the big thick manual out on display, so I leafed through that a bit. Very sturdy manual with beautiful full color printed pages.

I did buy one - but it's a gift for my kid, so I haven't opened it yet.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
  • georgebjonesgeorgebjones Member Posts: 224
    ^^Yes, the box is rather heavy. I found that quite odd when I picked it up, much heavier than expected. I suppose that is the manual that adds to the weight.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Oh look, a plastic sorting tray for all those folks who miss the plastic sorting trays of yore.
    I'm shipping off a few to our friends across the pond. I'm wincing at the thought of how much shipping all the initial kits might cost.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,380
    ^ My thoughts precisely !!
  • CrackseedCrackseed Member Posts: 90
    Haha for sure - I've got a couple to send out and it might be a nice pricey ship cost. Still, worth it to help folks out :) Just hoping it's not TOO crazy on the weight.
    @drdavewatford: I just got back from my local LEGO store and took a look at the MBA kit. It's not *too* heavy, so I think a mass shipment is still feasible.
    The set weighs 1 lbs 14.3 oz.
    so boxed singly for shipping, your would be looking at a 3 pound rate - no way you are going to box it for under 1.7 oz.

It's not heavy for a LEGO set per se - it's just really dense. Box size is about 12x12x3, but you notice the heft of it when you pick it up compared to LEGO boxes of similar size.
    Yes, the set box is not like others. Definitely thicker and sturdier. The instruction book is similarly very well made. They didn't skimp on making this a nice, collectable set. The sorting tray is intended to hold all the pieces thru set 6, according to the instructions. It's a decent tray.