Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Comments

• mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Not sure if somebody else has already posted this more or less interesting short article. I found the link to it on the Daily Mail website: Why do minifigures have a hole in their head? http://www.fastcodesign.com/1672948/why-lego-minifigures-have-a-hole-in-their-heads?ico=home^editors_choice
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    Without looking, I assume it is the same reason as a biro lid has one - to make sure it doesn't block a kid's windpipe if (or for most kids, when) they decide to taste one.
  • LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
    BUT (as I found out at primary school) the hole in a round 1x1 brick does mean that you can't shoot them out of your nostril like you can with the non-holey ones. Cue a visit to the school nurse and an appointment with some tweezers!
    Matthewjasor
  • SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    this was my fave part:

"And that’s a pretty remarkable thing to learn today, given that they’ve been around since 1978*........{Enter the AFOL effect below}........

* As it’s been pointed out in the comments, an earlier, solid version of the minifig was released in 1975 before it finalized the contemporary design three years later."
    Nothing like a fan to keep your facts straight. :D