Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Not sure if somebody else has already posted this more or less interesting short article. I found the link to it on the Daily Mail website: Why do minifigures have a hole in their head? http://www.fastcodesign.com/1672948/why-lego-minifigures-have-a-hole-in-their-heads?ico=home^editors_choice
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    Without looking, I assume it is the same reason as a biro lid has one - to make sure it doesn't block a kid's windpipe if (or for most kids, when) they decide to taste one.
  • LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
    BUT (as I found out at primary school) the hole in a round 1x1 brick does mean that you can't shoot them out of your nostril like you can with the non-holey ones. Cue a visit to the school nurse and an appointment with some tweezers!
    Matthewjasor
  • SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    this was my fave part:

"And that’s a pretty remarkable thing to learn today, given that they’ve been around since 1978*........{Enter the AFOL effect below}........

* As it’s been pointed out in the comments, an earlier, solid version of the minifig was released in 1975 before it finalized the contemporary design three years later."
    Nothing like a fan to keep your facts straight. :D