Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

More Lego from the BBC...

plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
I recall someone saying recently on these forums that the BBC should feature Lego more often in their articles. Well, here it is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20798476
Apologies if someone else has already posted about this...
thelegoguy421

Comments

• DanGPDanGP UKMember Posts: 66
    I walk past this on the way to work each morning. It's pretty awesome and if you're in Covent Garden over Christmas it's well worth a look. I've taken some pictures of some of the individual models behind the opened doors. I'll post them within the next couple of days. The snowman's my current favourite.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,626
    Why has someone 'flagged' you? Anti-BBC sentiment?
    plasmodiumRedbullgivesuwind
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,626
    Oh and if you 'follow' lego on instagram, they've been posting the calendar contents each day.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Interesting. I am kinda wondering why I haven't heard of this at all till now!
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 312
    andhe said:

Why has someone 'flagged' you? Anti-BBC sentiment?

I think it is extremely easy for tablet users, such as myself, to accidentally flag people. Sometimes touching the screen to scroll can accidentally trigger a link. Other times you may intend to tap one link but big fingers cause a nearby link to be tapped as well. I dont want to flag anyone purposely to see what happens, but if there is no confirmation dialog then maybe there should be to guard against accidental flags. On the other hand, maybe someone did intentionally flag the post. I know a few people who refuse to watch bbc, cbc, etc. because they think those news organizations have a liberal bias. Granted these people watch nothing but fox themselves.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited December 2012

I think it is extremely easy for tablet users, such as myself, to accidentally flag people. Sometimes touching the screen to scroll can accidentally trigger a link. Other times you may intend to tap one link but big fingers cause a nearby link to be tapped as well. I dont want to flag anyone purposely to see what happens, but if there is no confirmation dialog then maybe there should be to guard against accidental flags.

True, but you can also withdraw accidental flags can't you? (I know you can with likes).
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,691
    edited December 2012
    I would love that kind of job. It would be so good. There are two model builders. One is Bright Bricks and the other is over at farnham in surrey. It must be great although hard work.