Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Is it worth buying set 4842 at its original price?

I have seen some HP set 4842 at its original price. I am wondering is it worth buying at that price?

Comments

• emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    Obviously it is up to you if it is something you want. This will be disappearing so if you want it you will not likely find it cheaper. I also expect it to go up in the aftermarket.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,282
    If I saw that castle at its original price, I would not have to think about it for a micro second. I would buy it immediately if money is no issue. I don't have that set, and I am not much of a Harry Potter fan either, but I would love to have it at its original price. I should have bought it when it was still available, but I haven't. I can't own all sets anyway. Still if I were to stumble upon it tomorrow, and I could spare the money, I would get it, no doubt! It is a beautiful set that I have been eye-balling quite a few times in the past. I don't know where you are from, but I believe the RRP here in The Netherlands was €130 or maybe even €140, which is quite a lot of money, yet the piece count is 1290, and it includes eleven interesting minifig's.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 870
    In answer to your topic question, yes!
  • morezonemorezone Member Posts: 205
    Worst case scenario you decide you don't want it afterall, in which case you could get rid of it for more than you paid.
    I picked one up recently for 5% over retail. Managed to pickup a couple of Hogwarts Express as well.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,794
    buy it!
  • stevenzhangstevenzhang Member Posts: 400
    Great! Thanks a lot for the advise! I just went back and picked up this set! :)
  • stevenzhangstevenzhang Member Posts: 400
    Also find some ewok set at 6 pound in my local Tesco! can't image they still have some left!