The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

European Amazon Shopper question

BriktBrikt Member Posts: 16
In the European Amazon Shopper window, where you can see and compare all the prices in each amazon, some of the countries/currencies do not show the yellow/orange highlights when there is a discount.

For example if you put it in Denmark you can see all the colours, but in Portuguese you won't see anything except the different shades of green in the numbers themselves.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,087
    I think that's because for some reason my scrape of LEGO.com does not pick up the Portguese prices and thus the RRP of sets is not known which means the discount can't be calculated.

It's something else I need to fix at some point.
  • rchaddrchadd Member Posts: 187
    i see that USA amazon.com prices are included now. would it be possible to adjust the amounts so better to account for extra duty that would be require payment for someone in UK?

Otherwise everything just looks so much cheaper in USA but there would be additional duty/handling charge to be paid before item would be delivered.

i am not sure if this is technically possible but i think the page should probably contain a warning to potential buyers.

thanks.
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 499
    If possible, I'd like the option not to display amazon.com since they will only ship to the UK large/expensive items like the Death Star.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,087
    Late reply, I know, but as you've probable read elsewhere the US prices are now only shown to those whose country is set to the USA.