Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Opinion: 7189 Village Mill Raid vs. 7998 Heavy Hauler

50missioncap50missioncap Member Posts: 96
edited May 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Bit of a random question since these sets are so different, but I have $70-80 that my wife doesn't know about and have been eyeing these two sets... On one hand I love all city trucks (I would buy sealed on BL), but on the other the mill raid has many more parts and will go with my medieval market should I decide to open it. No real reviews on the mill raid yet... I think it had the making for a classic... that barn is sweet, and the minifigs / animals are exceptional. Thoughts?

Comments

• 12651265 Member Posts: 940
    I say pick up the sealed 7998 set now and save (or keep away from your wife) the money necessary to purchase 7189. Set 7189 will be around for at least a year and will remain the same price now and later. However, set 7998 will only go up in value based on supply and demand.

Just buy what makes you happy. Cheers!
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    edited June 2011
    First, when starting discussions, please categorize them properly by choosing the appropriate category from the drop down menu. "Brickset.com" is a category for discussions pertaining to the Brickset website. I'm going to move this discussion, but I'm not even sure where yet because there actually isn't an appropriate category. This leads me to the second issue...

Your question isn't "a bit random"; it's very random. "Which set should I buy?" discussions are discouraged because they're just solicitations for opinions while the decision is personal. In fact, you already lay out the pros and cons in your original post. This has also been brought to your attention previously and you acknowledged it: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/2897/#Comment_2897

Lastly, you created a discussion just yesterday about considerations for buying 7998 Heavy Hauler so you could have at least used that to contain this as a logical follow up rather than polluting the discussion space with another thread about a simple purchase decision.

• 50missioncap50missioncap Member Posts: 96
    edited June 2011
    ////// This post has been modified from its original version to fit in the alotted running time and for content \\\\\\\ -Yellowcastle
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Please note that discussions of this sort (I have $50, what should I buy?) will continue to be discouraged here as they're simply a personal decision and rarely generate any positive discussion. I am therefore going to close the thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy